Last year we had one bad experience but the Manager took care of it ASAP. So, we tried it again this year. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo (owner owned) on the second floor. Check in was a breeze. Front desk (summer and Anastasia ) were helpful. When we entered condo we checked out everything. We found a we towel in utility closet, and there whew several light bulbs out. I called front desk and they sent someone within 10 minutes. All was taken care of. The condo was spacious, clean, cool, and comfortable. Master bathroom was large. My only complaints are there was not one hook in either bathrooms to hang towels or a toiletry bag. We were told there was a stereo system and tv's in each bedroom plus living room. There were no tv's in the bedrooms, and the dvd player in the living room was not hooked up so we couldn't listen to our CDs.
As far as the resort goes it was pleasant. The pools were clean (nothing floating in the water as described in another review). Some of the lounge chairs had slats missing, and if you didn't get there early you probably will not be able to sit in shade. They did not charge any extra for sitting in front or under huts. They provide pool towels in your unit, but i would recommend bringing your own. There is a wide variety of people, all shapes and sizes, some live there all year or around the corner at another nudist community. Others are on vacation like us. On the weekend nights swinging lifestylers are there for events. You can easily keep your distance or join in, your choice, no pressure. I preferred the food in the sports bar vs. the formal restaurant. Check out was easy and we were able to use the facility on the day we were leaving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caliente Tampa is a captivating blend of clothing-optional solitude, exhilaration, and sizzle that is ideal for the seasoned clothing-optional traveler and first-timer alike. Inside Caliente Tampa, you will be pampered, wined, dined, and treated with world-class respect and sensitivity you so richly deserve. Beautifully appointed Villas, Condominiums, vacation Casitas and Hotel Suites will become your secluded home away from home for a stay that might last a weekend, a week, or even more. And yet the memories will last a lifetime. Just outside your door, turquoise lagoons, a sapphire lake, sports and fitness facilities, tiki bars, decadent cuisine, and relaxing Spa Sereno are just a few of the many opportunities that beckon. Come enjoy music by the pool, drinks with friends in our Piano Bar, a game in our Sports Bar, or dance the night away in our sexy night club. From theme parties to fitness classes, from karaoke to tennis, you can do it all at Caliente Club & Resorts. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Caliente Resort All Inclusive
- Caliente Hotel Land o Lakes
- Caliente Club & Resorts Florida/Land O Lakes