“needs improvement”
Review of Motel 6 Lantana

Motel 6 Lantana
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Lantana
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed here on a Saturday night while attending a concert on spare of moment. Room seemed to have been newly renovated until I walked into the bathroom. OLD, dirty out of date. There is black mold around the seams of the tub and shower, water stains and hair left around water control.So apparently the maids don't clean well., killed 6 roaches. How could you completely update the sleeping part of room and ignore the bathroom?

Room Tip: Hotel is right off highway so easy to find. IHOP close by as is McDonalds. Police were parked in par...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 May 2013

A friend and I stayed here for 2 nights in May 2013. The rooms need to be refreshed because the bathtub was" re-glazed" a long time ago and was all cracked and leaking something black out of the cracks. There was someone's long hair stuck to the inside of the dirty looking shower curtain.
There was a police car there all night but the door looks like it has been broken into before and it looks like not much is holding it closed. The beds were kind of lumpy but I didn't have a problem sleeping there. The TVs are really old and small but that didn't bother me.
Over all it is the worst motel I have ever stayed in and that is why they are so cheap. I paid $57 including taxes for 2 people, 2 beds.The pool looked nice but we never used it so I cannot say on the cleanliness of it.
I think next time I will pay extra and find a better room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stayed here 2 nights over the Easter weekend in 2013. While researching places to stay, this motel was half the cost of any others during this time. I had stayed here before which helped me to decide to stay here.
I arrived at 1:30 pm, no rooms were available, the weekend had been busy had they were still working on rooms. They offered to call me when a room became available, i went back in an hr and one was available.
When we walked in, the only problem we had was the odor of bleach when we walked in, The room was very clean but the odor was very strong. The room is basic, but for the price i do not expect much as long as it is clean. I liked that the floor was not carpet, it looked liked wood, but it was not. One could tell that it was clean, which with carpet one cannot always tell.
Being there two nights, it was fairly quiet, there is police presence at night and we felt safe. There is a McDonald's in front, with a Dunkin and Publix across the street.
When visiting family in the area,we will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 March 2013

sunk into the beds, drunks in the lot, sticky floors. But its cheap less than 60 a night after tax. they do have 2 ice machines and on site laundry and a couple vending machines. Lantana police sit at night with their thumbs in places.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This motel is very old, outdated, unsafe,and unsanitary. The rooms reek of mold and bleach. There are bugs and worms on the walls and floors. During my stay there was no hot water in the morning for showers. The desk was covered in a sticky old liquid and a bug crawled out from under the television. The outlet in front of the vanity/mirror did not work.The walkway on the second floor which is made of concrete is sagging and tilted so is structurally unsafe and in a matter of time will crumble and give way. Finally, I prepaid for the room and was assured by the Assistant Mngr that should I decide not to stay the full week,I could receive a refund for the days I didn't stay. When I asked the Mngr to check out early and receive the refund,I was advised I would be charged full price for the days I was here, and thus there would be no refund and in fact I may end up owing.When I contacted the corporate office, I was told, too bad the room was a nightmare, I could not have a refund.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room at this property.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank kandyl39
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Haha, the reviewers who have reviewed this place are hilarious. I mean, we're talking about a Motel 6 being overpriced here. We're talking about legitimately the cheapest place to stay in the area ($50/night after taxes) as if there were expectations. I'll say that I didn't appreciate checking into a room by myself and getting 2 queens instead of a King...but then again I really didn't care. I was in town visiting a friend and too tired to head back home.
Check-in was lengthier than it should have been. A combination of a potential guest and a stereotypically unintelligent front desk employee led to a nice 30 minute wait before I could begin checking in. I work in hospitality, and I understand that its a hub for the incredibly dumb. Whether you're at an upscale resort in Miami Beach or a budget motel in a small town, utter stupidity will always be prevalent from entry-level up to management.
The place had a pool which I didn't use, but that's a pretty decent amenity.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank miaminumberone
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I'm extremely disappointed & disgusted. My family stayed in a clean motel 6 in Orlando. So when we decided to spend the night here in lantana we were in for a real shock. The outside & front desk area looked a little dirty but not that bad. The lady @ the front desk was nice & gave us swag. The problem started when we opened the motel door. The door didn't close right.& wad partially open. The light switch was filthy. There was hair in the bath tub & stains. Cigarette holes in the bed spread & lubricant type stains on the pillow case & sheets. The toilet had a ring around the inside. The sink was stained & crusty around the faucet. Broken bed. My husband went to
the front desk & asked for clean linens. The lady upfront gave us a new room 2 doors down. This one was also dirty. It has a broken chair. Hair & dirt stains in bathroom shower surround. Hair in one bed. Sink stained & crusty faucet. Uncomfortable bed. Dusty TVs in both. All this for over $50. For under $30 we had a clean motel 6 in Orlando with a flat screen tv and uncomfortable beds. There is a police patrol around & we didn't really have people making noise.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank tripistala
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lantana
Comfort Inn & Suites Lantana - West Palm Beach South
WoodSpring Suites Lake Worth
#4 of 11 in Lake Worth
Courtyard by Marriott Boynton Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Boynton Beach

Been to Motel 6 Lantana? Share your experiences!