I booked for 13 nights (in Florida to carch some Spring training), but was leery after reading some of the earlier reviews, so will address them first.
I don't know of any strip joint just across the street (it's a six-lane highway), nor was I bothered by any hookers, crack dealers or loud louts. The front desk staff was accessible, courteous and attentive on the 4 or 5 occasions I interacted with them.
The walls ARE thin and the rooms small - little storage space and no room to spread out for a longer stay. Didn't see any roaches, though.
However, I chose a renovated room, which looked like I was probably the first occupant. One clue was a sink tap on backward, which wouldn't completely turn off. I informed the desk next morning and it was quickly repaired.
The large screen TV was fine with many channels, and the internet connection strong and flawless.
The refrigerator was cold enough and the freezer DID make ice cubes, BUT I had to provide my own tray. Pots, pans, cups, glasses were provided, including one each spoon and fork (what if I'd not been travelling alone?) and NO knives. (May have been able to get these from housekeeping, but didn't ask as I'd carried my own.)
The elevator worked, parking was good and trash receptacles were nearby and emptied daily.
The bed was quite comfortable, but there was NO really soft chair in which to relax while watching TV or reading - this can be quite a nuisance for a long stay.
One happy surprise was that ALL calls to US and Canada were free.
Location convenient to major highways, plenty of restaurants, etc. nearby with a walking path to a Walgreen's.
All-in-all, well worth the cost, if you're willing to do your own housekeeping and don't expect more than is advertised. Would stay there again for a few nights, but probably not more than a week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are an Extended Stay Hotel. All of our rooms are studio efficiency and include a kitchen with a two burner stovetop, microwave, dorm size refridgederator, coffee maker, pan & pans and dinnerware. We offer free highspeed wireless internet, local & long distance phone calls (Within the USA and Canada) as well as Spectrum cable television. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Tampa Bay Extended Stay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suburban Extended Stay Largo-Clearwater Hotel Largo
- Extended Stay Largo
- Largo Extended Stay
- Tampa Bay Extended Stay Hotel Largo, Florida