“People are nice but the place is a dump”

Belleair Village Motel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Largo
Reviewed 26 March 2011

The only saving grace to this motel is the people are extremely nice. The front desk person was kind and helpful. This motel is inhabited by old people who seem to live there in season. It is in a terrible neighborhood and don't eat the local restaurant called Untouchables (describes the food). I was too afraid to drive around the area and that restaurant is right across the street so I stayed close by.

It is an old motel that smells overwhelming like a really strong disinfectant. The bedspread had big burn holes in it and the curtains were falling off the windows. It was as clean as you could clean an old dump but I did not take off my shoes while I was there.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank glittertravel

Reviewed 6 January 2011

My parents stayed here for the month of March for almost 20 years. It was an inexpensive place to stay for an entire month. I have stayed at the Belleaire about 5 or 6 times myself. It's an older motel with a nice, clean heated pool. I think the rooms have been updated recently. They have regular motel rooms, efficiency rooms, and one bedroom apartments with a small kitchen. It's a good location for shopping, dining, driving to the beach, or driving to Taylor Park for a one mile walk around the lake (watch out for gators!). If you like to save money on your accomodation and cook some of your own meals, and are not too concerned about luxury, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
8  Thank Corinne872
Reviewed 24 April 2010

Nice large clean room for the money.
Old-style florida motel centered around nice pool.
Pleasant family owned place.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank PhilyJim
Reviewed 24 March 2008

I am always looking for great deals when it comes to lodging, and this was by far one of them. We had the large efficiency and it had anything and everything we needed. The best part of the entire facility was the new swimming pool area with the heated pool. Overall, I was extremely pleased with the service and price of the stay, and I will be coming back for years to come.

• Stayed: February 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank stacyd123
Reviewed 10 December 2006

Nice vintage motel with a pool and pleasant staff. We stayed here one night when we came to visit friends in Largo. Reminded me of the motels from my younger days on the old two-lanes like Route 66 and the National Road. Moderately priced and clean. Will stay there again when we go to Largo.

Stayed: January 2006
5  Thank travleen
Reviewed 9 October 2006

The room we got was an effeciency apartment - kitchenette w/table, couch & chair (bottom of couch was dangling), bathroom, closet, and two SMALL beds - not quite twin size, but not full size either. I believe they are actually called 3/4 beds. Anyway, NOT good for a newlywed couple! We ended up sleeping in separate beds because there just wasn't room for two people in one bed. and they were the hardest beds I have ever tried to sleep on!
The sink in the kitchenette was nasty. The room smelled extremely musty. The towels were very thin and felt like sandpaper.
Office staff was friendly.
The best think going for this motel was the diner down the street - Ted's Luncheonette!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KatPhishKY
Reviewed 29 September 2006

I found this motel through one of my friends, and absolutely fell in love. It was close to EVERYTHING, restraunts, shopping centers, beaches, parks, and much more. The pool was heated and clean and the rooms were much better than I expected. Im guessing they remodeled from when the first time I stayed. The rooms were extra clean like always. The only problem I had was my tv, I like extremely big tvs, this was only a 27 incher. Again I must say, If youre looking for a cheap stay with great rates, I'd recommend this place, by the way, ask for the efficiencies, they are the nicest around.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank jacksont
Also consider these accommodations in or near Largo
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Largo-Clearwater
Hampton Inn and Suites Largo
Tampa Bay Extended Stay Hotel
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clearwater Beach South Harbourside
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Clear...
#2 of 5 in Indian Rocks Beach
Belleair Beach Resort
Belleair Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Belleair Beach
Clearwater Beach Hotel
Clearwater Beach Hotel
#56 of 98 in Clearwater

Been to Belleair Village Motel? Share your experiences!