“So good I hated to get full”
Review of Tum Nuk Thai - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tum Nuk Thai
Cuisines: Thai
McCormick, SC
“So good I hated to get full”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We eat Thai food where ever we go. We seek it out. Tum Nuk Thai was fantastic. Large portions are served, but not a speck of food was left on the table. We should have asked for a doggy bag but kept on eating. The menu is huge. I got the Duck with Hot Peppers. Wish I had some now.

• Visited February 2012

Clearwater, Florida
“Get the Husband out of the kitchen and retire the GRUMPY wife before they lose all of the business!!!”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I have been going to this place for years, before the current owners bought the restaurant, I have watch the the owner ( wife ) be rude to the patons. the quality of the food and the amount has been cut in half. At lunch time they give you a bowl with 1/4 of the bowl full of soup, either buy smaller bowls or do without or maybe give a little more broth, how much would that cost?? There was a time you had to stand outside to wait for a table to get in before they took over, and they had several servers, people don't just go away for nothing. I have heard other customers complain about the way they were treated and would not be back. So sad to see this happen to a great place.

• Visited November 2011
Seminole, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Thai food in Pinellas County!”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We went for lunch at Tum Nuk Thai, and it has gone downhill! The quality of food was a disaster with the curry being either too sweet or pasty. The fried rice was mushy and the soup had no flavor.Top it off with a server that cannot speak or understand any english, and had an attitude! Better off going to Thai Bankok in St. Pete or Thai Orchid on 66th Street. Even the Thai buffet at Largo Mall has this place beet. Save your money!

• Visited July 2011
Clearwater, Florida
“Very attractive restaurant with good Thai food”
Reviewed 27 April 2011

We enjoy this restaurant for special occasions, lunch, dinner, or take-out orders.
Waitresses are dressed in native costumes and are very sweet. Language barrier has been a problem a few times. Great Thai food, fresh flowers on tables, music playing softly, and quick service unless they are very busy. Big lunch crowd, but if you go at an off time there may be just a few tables being served. Tables are cozy and intimate. There is one larger sunken area where people sometimes sit on floor pillows to eat. Kids seem to like this space. Your take-out order can be phoned in and will be ready in 10 minutes. Try their "amazing chicken", it truly is amazingly delicious.

• Visited April 2011
Guelph, Ontario
“OK but would check out other Thai Restaurants in the area”
Reviewed 10 December 2010

On November 29, 2010 we went for lunch at Tum Nuk Thai. We had the lunch specials which are good value for your money. The lunch special came with cup of soup, nothing to write home about as it had very little flavour. The spring roll was very nice and we enjoyed them. I always order the panang chicken when i first go to a new Thai restaurant. Their version was very good, but not the best I have ever had but very good. My partner enjoyed her dish as well.

The server was not willing to explain the heat levels of the different curries, so this needs some improvment in customer service.

I rate this restaurant as just OK, but probably check out other Thai restaurants in the area before returning.

1 Thank goldenboy1947