“Great, Cute and Welcoming!”
Review of Sea Spray Inn

Sea Spray Inn
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Great, Cute and Welcoming!”
Reviewed 10 April 2011

We had a wonderful stay. The host, Carroll, is wonderful and gracious. We loved the location, local night life, and laid-back neighborhood.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SFLLady
FRANZELF, Owner at Sea Spray Inn, responded to this review, 10 April 2011
Thank you very much! It was a pleasure having you here for your weekend getaway, and we hope to host you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Westminster, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Our visit to LBTS was absolutely enjoyable thanks to the Sea Spray Inn, Franz and his staff. Our suite was immaculate, and the location excellent, right across the street from the beach in a quiet area away from the high rises and noise, yet an easy walk to restaurants, shops, Franz is an exceptional host - - always has his guests in mind. I enjoyed his jovial outgoing nature and stories. During our second visit to LBTS, we were disappointed to say the least that the Sea Spray was all booked up; Franz made arrangements for us to stay at a different hotel/inn (which didn't compare to the Sea Spray) and even had a bottle of wine delivered to our room there. I recommend the Sea Spray in a heartbeat..And Franz is a gem.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bette072
FRANZELF, Owner at Sea Spray Inn, responded to this review, 15 November 2010
Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendation! We do hope to host you again someday soon at the Sea Spray Inn when you next visit Lauderdale by the Sea.
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed 14 August 2009

My fiance and I stayed here for vacation summer of 07 - it was so great, we try to plan a trip back every year and stay in this same hotel! Amazing experience, rooms were clean beautiful, and within walking distance to restaurants and the beach.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kjs97b
Connecticut
Reviewed 18 April 2008

Sea Spray Inn was wonderful. Sorry we only stayed one night. Our host, Franz, was like family. He helped us with our bags and brought us beach towels and chairs to use. Comfortable beds and pillows! I will definitely stay there if I am in the area again.

2 Thank obxrose
Austin, TX
Reviewed 16 April 2007

Just came back today (4/16/07) after spending a long weekend at the Sea Spray Inn at Lauderday by the Sea. I can't say enough good things about the place. They were absolutely fantastic!
My friend and I picked Ft. Lauderdale as a quick weekend getaway destination a few weeks prior and I was in charge of booking a place to stay. I had called 7 other places trying to get rates and availability after researching that area. Everyone I talked to at those places were pretty rude whether they had a room available or not. After working in customer/patient relations for several years, I don't do business with people who act like they don't want it. I called the Sea Spray Inn and talked to Susan on my last/8th call. She was very friendly and accomodating I immediately decided to book whatever she had just based on that first impression. She offered me a good rate and we made a deal.
We showed up on Friday (4/13) earlier than the check-in time and the owner, Franz, was preparing our room. Susan had told him we might be coming in early so he was working on it. He was so very inviting and jovial. It is a small place--maybe 6 or 7 rooms--and your are treated like visiting family. I loved the vibe of the place. Very laid back, the room was nicely done and clean with a neat kitchen, and Susan and Franz (a former chef) offered opinions about restaurants and road trips and beach activities. They offer off-street parking which I didn't give much thought to until I saw how busy some of the streets were during the weekend. The beach is across the street and the area is clean and not too crowded. Everything is within a few blocks.
I could go on and on (obviously) about the place and more importantly the level of service Franz and Susan offer. I will go back there sometime in the future and will definitely stay at the Sea Spray again. I enjoyed just being there.
Jo H.