“Great fired brick oven pizza”
Review of Carina's

Carina's
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Gate House Road
Reviewed 21 August 2014

You will not be disappointed with the fabulous fired brick-oven pizza at Carina's. Carina's is hidden within Fountains Plaza near Sea Ranch Lakes in Lauderdale by the Sea (Publix Shopping Center). They also deliver and have a surprisingly extensive menu of Italian favorites. The restaurant is not going to give you an atmosphere but the food is great. We ate there two days in a row. They also have some very good lunch special$. For weekday lunch they offer a large Cheese pie for 8.95 and a meat lovers (two meats) for 10.95. Order those, take them home or to your hotel and you have a great dinner for a great price.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We have visited Carina's many times in the past and have always enjoyed the pizza and service. It had been sometime since we visited and decided to visit for a Saturday afternoon pizza for lunch. My daughter ordered the personal size Hawaiian pizza and I ordered the Mervat salad.

Looking around it appeared to have possibly changed hands, but the waitress was one that had been there for awhile. She actually used to make the gelato and cannoli's. We ordered without issue and she was pleasant as always. We received our drinks and soon after my daughter found a ice cube with a piece of brown "something" frozen in it. She pulled it out to show the waitress who finally showed up with the pizza and salad. We did not mention it since she was hungry and it was still in the cube.

My salad was good with fresh ingredients and my daughter was enjoying her pizza until...she found the hair in it. She was grossed out and did not want anymore of the pizza. She was on her 3rd piece of a 4 piece personal sized pizza. I called the waitress over and showed her and also mentioned the ice cube object. She was very nice and apologized and said she would talk to the owner, who I guess was the Chef there.

She came back and said he would give us 10% off of the personal sized pizza. I told her pleasantly that was not acceptable and I just wanted to pay the bill and leave. We did a bit of tug of war with the bill which I had in my hand with her insisting on trying again with the owner. I let go and she went back and returned soon after with the same offer, 10% of the personal sized pizza.

I made no scene, paid and even gave her a good tip, she tried at least and apologized saying she was not the owner. We live down the street and enjoyed going to Carina's since it was close, but if it is more important for the owner to not make good on a pizza it cost him $1.50 to make and keep a good customer, then it is not a place we will choose to spend our money, or recommend.

3  Thank Gregory L
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Wanted to get a pizza to eat on the beach. Didn't want to order chain pizza. Stopped by this place. Very friendly staff, reasonable prices, pizza tasted great.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

If you're iffy about this place- just go! You'll be pleased you did. The staff is super friendly and accommodating!! I just had my boyfriends birthday party here this 4th of July. We were originally planning on having 10 people and that's what I made the reservation for. Well.. 22 ended up showing, and we kept having to add tables. Management was terrific about this, and our waitress was pleasant and on the ball with everyone's drinks and orders. Food is GREAT, organic and most importantly FRESH. Priced fairly.. I ordered a wrap for about $8 and was stuffed after eating it. The whole group wanted to come back again the following week because that's how much we loved it. Nice little place.. enjoy!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had take out, chicken Alfredo, lasagna and a pizza ( Alfredo sauce, spinach, mushroom, sausage), excellent!!! Pleasant owner and looking forward to the next visit!