“Friends and returning customers always(please read)!!!”
Review of Tropic Seas Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lauderdale by the Sea
Tropic Seas Resort
Okeechobee, Florida
“Friends and returning customers always(please read)!!!”
Reviewed 18 September 2011

What a breath of fresh air! I wrote a haunting review against the Avalon Motel, but this review of Tropic Seas Resort will make you smile. My brother had hours to a couple of days to live in hospice so we booked a motel via getaroom.com. What a dump for $79.00! Well we had to find a new motel. Time and money were not on our side, then we met our angels at Tropic Seas Resort, Linda, and Eleanor. Linda gladly showed us to a room before we even started talking price. Outstanding, Beautiful, Clean, BBQ, Laundry, Heated Pool, Danishes and Coffee in the a.m. ,Beach just steps away, just makes you feel good all over. We checked in on 09/03/2011 and gave a day by day update as to how long we had to stay dependind on my brother whom passed away. We had arrangements to make and our stay was until 09/10/2011. Eleanor and Linda both were very compassionate for our loss, and we now felt when we had to go, that we were leaving family behind. If I was a motel/hotel critic, I would say look no further than the Tropic Seas Resort. This place is a winner, and we will only book a room here in the future and advise all whom reads this to do so! One more time we say "Thank you and God bless you Linda, and Eleanor" our family friends.
Kim & Billie Jo Brannam

Room Tip: There are no problems with this resort, book here look no further!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful, relaxing vacation at Tropic Seas. The ocean front apartment was perfect for us and the grounds beautiful. We loved being on the ocean and close to great restaurants: Seas, Aruba Beach Cafe, Greek Island Taverna, etc.

Your recommendations were excellent. We went to Lesley's yoga classes and Angelina's spa twice. Rarely, when traveling do we receive "five star" services from professional practitioners. Lesley and Angelina were delightful woman, as were Mary Lou and Monica the massage therapists.

When considering another east coast Florida vacation Tropic Seas and Lauderdale-by-the-Sea are at the top of our list. Thank you!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Leominster, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel because it was recommended by a friend in Ft. Lauderdale and we loved the room and the location. We had a second floor suite overlooking the beach. There was a great kitchenette and living room area with spectacular views. The bedroom was spacious and very comfortable. It has a beautiful pool and spectacular beach. We will definately stay here again on our next trip to Lauderdale by the Sea.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Port Washington, New York
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The two of us re-booked this hotel for Thanksgiving Week 2011 for our annual reunion with relatives who live in the Fort Lauderdale area . On our last stay, our room had just been renovated. It was immaculately clean, spotless and bright. The beds were very comfortable. We didn't hear our neighbors, and the hotel's WIFI worked from our room. Also, the hotel is beach front, the grounds were attractive and well-kept, and the balcony overlooked the pool and the beach. The hotel also provides nice beach towels and chaises for you to take down to the beach. And the room rate was quite reasonable. Also, there's a Publix shopping center, with CVS and Dunkin'Donuts, just a block away. The main drag with shops, restaurants and a fishing pier is within easy walking distance. Finally, we had a great stay. Tropic Seas suited our purposes quite well and met our expectations in every respect.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Visiting Tropic Seas is like a refreshing step back in time. A small oceanfront motel that is kept super clean set on a lovely stretch of beach in an area that is still untouched by high-rises and South Florida glitz. We love it!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I stayed at Tropic Seas Resort from July 19-25, 2011. I picked this hotel based on reviews and its website. This was for a class I had to take for work and due to a coupon on Tripadvisor, it ended up being only about $20 more a night to stay here instead of where I was taking the class, a brand M hotel near an airport. The hotel and grounds were exactly what I expected, charming and with a gorgeous ocean view. Since I was there by myself for business purposes, I booked the one of the smaller hotel style rooms, which was perfect for me. I was on the second floor and there are wicker chairs outside your room so you can sit right outside your door and watch the sunset or sunrise. You might want to be on the bottom floor if you have lots of luggage. There are ashtrays outside if you smoke. The pool and courtyard area were so lush and if kids around the pool got a little loud, there was the ocean just steps away. The beach in front of the hotel was much cleaner than the areas up near the pier. The amount of sea grass seemed to vary, but they do grade and clean the sand every few days. The room was very cute with a beach theme, and had a small refrigerator and a coffee maker (the manager gave me some coffee and filters for it when I asked). There is not a microwave, possibly due to the flat screen TV, there is limited space. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and A/C worked well. They also provided a light blanket and extra pillows in the dresser. There was enough space to put everything I had, even shelves in the bathroom. Water pressure was good also. They lend you a nice mesh beach bag and beach towels to use. There is a small library with books and magazines though many were not in English so I left mine. There were lots of European guests; I liked hearing all the different languages and accents. They have free parking right out front. It is really a family hotel and I always felt safe. There was a safe in the room, but I never used it. I felt secure leaving my computer there when I went out. I hated that my husband wasn’t there to enjoy the beautiful setting and I can’t wait to come back with him next year. Someone grilled out most every day and there is a Publix nearby for food. There are several tables for dining upstairs there is a covered patio area where you can see the sunset, and downstairs all around the courtyard there are tables. I appreciated that they would put out the newspaper every morning; I got a really good coupon to the Bird & Butterfly Gardens that was only in the paper. I only saw the pastries out the last couple of days, but it is possible I left too early in the morning for class the rest of the week. I asked one time for the wireless access code, but could never get it to work, consequently couldn’t check in for my flight online, which was a hassle. It would be nice if the code could be given out with the keys. I felt safe even walking to the town square area at night to eat and there are free concerts on weekends. There are lots of good restaurants in the area and lots of coupons and specials. Two girls that I met at my class (staying at the brand M hotel) came to see my hotel and immediately moved there after seeing the picture perfect view and my cute room, which shows what a treat this place is.

Room Tip: All the rooms are oceanfront, they have a diagram on their website!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Mexilady
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 12 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at Tropic Seas Resort for our honeymoon, we had a great view from our room and it's just a jump, hop and a skip away from the ocean. It is a small place but it is in such a great location! Nice to have a quite area to relax and be able to walk down the beach less than a mile to public beach area. The resort has a personalized touch, which is how it should be! :) We had a great time, the rooms could use some updating though, a new paint job and updated furniture couldn't hurt... I would still recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family