All reviewsmexican decoracross the streetmexican haciendawithin walking distancemexican potterythe upper levelquiet streetrelaxing environmentrooms are extremelywonderful vacationgrocery storebeach chairsfew blocksshort walk to the beachlaid backbars and restaurantsfull kitchen
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This place was exceptionally clean! The grounds were not only well cared for but better looking than the pictures online. It is walking distance to the beach, seriously a 1 min walk, and restaurants and bars may be 4 minutes. The decor is outstanding, very warm and inviting. There is everything you could ever want as long as you are aware of certain things that are not mentioned. First of all, I am 64, and by friend is 58 - so we are beyond the Partying Stage. However, one night we got home at around 10:30 PM, and thought we would have a nightcap by the pool. Except they turned off the lights at 11:00. Well, after all we were the only ones there. So we went to the patio table outside our room, only to have those lights turned off too. We understand, but we would have made different plans for the evening, if we knew this in advance. For us it was a lack of communication, that's all. I still feel it was excellent because of the value, cleanliness, service, location, and even the comfortable bed!! I don't think one small communication should deter this location for being an excellent. It truly was...IF YOU are looking for nothing but peace, quiet (you could hear the ocean from the patio outside our room,), this is the place. If you want to party, it is a 5 min walk. I would recommend this to anyone, just know what you re looking for.

Room Tip: Bathroom does not have a fan, so in humid weather, i had a 'very bad hair day".
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank justjnl
BlueSeasCourtyard, Owner at Blue Seas Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

We are so sorry for turning off the lights because we understand evenings at the Blue Seas Courtyard are magical! It was probably because we did not notice that anyone was sitting outside. We always leave our decorative lights on until 11 pm as a matter of course. Howerver, if guests are still enjoying the outdoor ambience past 11 we are happy to keep the pool and grounds lighting on until 12 midnight when we turn in for the evening. Thank you so much for the feedback. Cristie

Reviewed 13 April 2013

This our third or fourth time staying here and I would not stay anywehere else! It is clean, comfortable, right by the water, friendly and easy going! Clean is a top priority for us and I honestly am amazed at how well kept up the pace always is! I wouldn't change a thing and honestly this place has made me want to choose Lauderdale By The Sea as a vacation destination and not just a place I need to stay when visiting my 95 year old grandmother. I am hooked! Thanks so much!

Room Tip: I like the seconf floor rooms for the possible view but all seem wonderful!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2013

After much research, we are SOO pleased with this place! It was more than we expected! We actually stayed in rooms 3,6 & 12. And we don't regret having to move. We got to see different rooms and write an even better review then! Our favorite was room #6. All the rooms were extremely clean, spacious, and decorated perfectly! But we liked the little patio out front of room #6. The pool was bath water warm! The location was perfect. Only used the car to drive to the mall for dinner one night. Everything else was within walking distance. One evening, they closed off the streets & had an excellent band perform. We walked down the street to attend Sunrise Easter Church Service. This will be our #1 pick for any future vacation spots!
(Praying they will have vacancies when we need it)

Room Tip: We liked the view of room #12' but felt the balcony was not quiet wide enough. But the view was worth it!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Blue Seas Courtyard. We LOVED this beautiful hacienda. We loved the close walk to the restaurants & Publix and the quiet of Lauderdale by the Sea. We enjoyed the beach and pool at night and it felt safe to walk around at night. The owners and site manager were very helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable. My only complaint is that we had to leave.

Try the happy hour sushi at The Village Grill! Quick walk!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RachaelA05
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have come here for years on our annual spring break to see grandma except for the years there is no vacancy. It is clean and extremely beautiful and well managed. As a non smoker, with a child, my only request is that they have no s,owing outside any of the rooms because the smell travels. They should have one designated smoking area for their employees and smoking guests. That is truly my only complaint. We love this place!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family