Coral Key Inn
Castle by the Sea(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$116
Blue Strawberry by the Sea(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$129
Shore Haven Resort Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$102
Great Escape Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$111
Hotels.com
Best Florida Resort(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$93
Hotels.com
Dolphin Harbor Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)
US$73
Hotel Seacrest(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$123
Blue Seas Courtyard(Lauderdale by the Sea)
TripAdvisor
Windjammer Resort(Lauderdale by the Sea)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Breakaway Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsacross the streetexcellent hospitalityroom was cleanmurphy bednice managernew carpetfull kitchenwalking distancelots of closet spacestocked kitchenperfect locationnice poolthe hotel managerfavorite hotelbeach towels and chairswithin blocksquiet at night
Reviewed 20 June 2010

I am here with 4 other familys. We booked a total of five rooms. To make it short and sweet... The location is great and the rooms are spacious. However.... The manager Joan is a pompous witch that has no place in the hospitality business. From the time you pull in till the time you leave she WILL watch your every move. No pool after 8 pm. The kids are to stay motionless or she will quote the rule book. She sits outside her room with the phone to hear ear( but she's not talking to anyone) and just watches. She's creepy and is determined to make our lives miserable. We are all respectable familys with exceptional children and this is unacceptable. The whole place is empty except for us and I know why. Hitler needs to go.... Save you'd self and don't waste your money. Try High noon, or tropic seas don't come here!!!!!!!!

13  Thank Jeff5571
Reviewed 28 May 2010

The inn was nice enough, clean enough, quiet. All the good qualities went down the tubes because the manager runs it like a concentration cam!

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Anna1936
Reviewed 22 May 2008

The hotel is clean and well maintained. All rooms are non smoking rooms. Our appartment was fully equipped and there was nothing we missed. A small negativ aspect was the A/C which was pretty loud and due to the reason it was in the kitchen it didn't really cool down the bedroom, because there is the living room in between.

The pool which lies in the sun the whole day was clean and you could see that somebody takes regularely care for the garden and the garden equipment. We saw that the maid was cleaning the chairs and tables every morning.

The hotel is situated between the restaurant and the shopping area in a street which runs parallel to the A1A on the beach side. This fact allows you to keep your car at the hotel as everything you need is in walking distance. Indeed it might be difficult to catch one of the 6 parking spots assigned to the Coral Key Inn during high season when all apppartements are occupied. As the beach is just over the street with a small park on the other side you have a nice ocean view (at least from the first floor where we had our appartment no. 24).
We used to stay at "Eastward Ho" a few hundred meters down the same street a couple of years ago and in comparison the Coral key Inn was much better and worth to pay the few bucks more.

As we (couple of the age of 45) were the youngest among all retired guests, I can imagin that this will not the right place for families with children.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 12 June 2007

I noticed that no reviews have been posted in a long while so I thought I would offer my perspective. My wife and I (mature adults, no children) have stayed here two or three times. But I personally avoid the place now.

However, it might be worth a try for you.

Here are the considerations: Coral Key is comfortable and fully equipped for sleeping and cooking but showing a little bit of age. It has a nice pool, gas grille, and coin laundry facilities. The air conditioning is a window unit with some ceiling fans. It is located across the street from the beach. However, a small city park is located on the beach side so you have a view of the water from the Coral Key. It is within easy walking distance of a shopping center with a Publix grocery, liquor store, and drug store.

There are insufficient on-site parking spots when the Coral Key is fully occupied. Overflow parking is provided in metered spaces on the street. The street parking is comped via city parking permits provided by Coral Key which you temporarily hang on the rearview mirror. At the times with many beach visitors, the on-street metered parking is difficult to impossible to find.

Here is the reason that I will not stay here again: the onsite manager. During our last stay, I returned in my car to find that the on-street parking (for which I had a hang tag) was full. One small on-site parking spot was available which I took. Immediately after exiting my vehicle, the manager angrily admonished me for parking in what she described as a reserved spot. I pointed out that there was no sign on the parking spot and there was no information provided to me that would have supported her assertion She told me that the spot was reserved for a specific long-term guest, which was news to me. The manager seemed more interested in berating me in front of other guests sitting around the pool than helping me find a parking spot to her liking.

Note that the parking permits are those available for purchase by permanent residents. These would normally allow parking in any metered spot within the city. However, the Coral Key has defaced their permits in such a way that a permit is to be used only for several specific on-street parking spots adjacent to the property. You can't just use them to park in any metered spot that you might find.

There are other places to stay besides Coral Key.

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
9  Thank Bubba'sDad
Reviewed 11 July 2005

Stayed in Room 26 for about a week during the fourth of july holiday. One bedroom apartment was larger than my own apartment in Chicago. Everything was clean, newly painted and with what looked like new carpet. Exceptionally quiet- even though the place was booked full- I never once heard anyone in the adjacent rooms (except when the hot water was running). Didn't even hear kids or adults in the pool late at night or early in the morning. Cleaning service was great and in and out usually by 11am. Great location- across from a public access/mini park- with a perfect view of the beach and ocean. Most nights one could sit in the large balcony areas in front of and adjacent to your room, with chairs and tables and watch the boats or stars out over the ocean. The pool area was clean and friendly with many lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas for those who wanted to skip the beach. Most days the area was full -with poeple hanging in the pool or cooking lunch/dinner on the grill or just eating outside.
Besides the great views- the hotel is about a block away from a publix and small shopping center with banks, drugstores and restaurants. The hotel is a quieter end of Lauderdale by the Sea- but it was only a 5 minute walk up to the pier and many other restaurants. If you stay local- there really is no need for a car- everything is in walking distance. However, if you plan to head into Ft. Lauderdale or Miami, you will need transportation.
I guess that it is not too difficult to see that I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was great , friendly, and not too intrusive. I think the only suggestion I have - is that the ac unit is in the large living room adjacent to the full kitchen. Occassionally it took alittle while to cool down the bedroom at night- since there is only a ceiling fan in the bedroom and occassionally the unit make some unusual noises.

hope that this review helps others and I look forward to staying at the inn again in the fall

• Stayed: July 2005