“Screaming kids but good food”

Basilic Vietnamese Grill
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Its really a shame when you want to enjoy your food and atmosphere but some irresponsible parents let their kids constantly scream and are completely unruly. This was the case for Sunday lunch and it nearly sent us (and nearly everyone else) to the door with doggie bags. The restaurant is nicely located just out of the fray of the beach area but very walkable. Ok atmosphere but the music didn't support the atmosphere of an Asian restaurant and added to the noise issue with the screaming kid. Service professional. Food entries between $14-$18 with a nice assortment of Lemongrass, curry, noodles, bowls and house specialties. Had the crispy fried rolls; nothing special however my husband enjoyed the fresh rolls. The Lemongrass chicken didn't have enough lemongrass flavor; overwhelmed with onions and peppers. Yellow chicken curry was mild; would have preferred it with more spice and with veggies vs. sweet potatoes. Husband's won ton soup was good and always love the shrimp chips with sauces. Overall good, not great but certainly would try again, minus the screaming kid!

There are newer reviews for Basilic Vietnamese Grill

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great place for lunch or dinner, soups are very good. We will be back soon. Good service also. Will be back

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is one of my very favorite restaurants and luckily it is only a few blocks from my house, so I go there often. The food, service and atmosphere are always top notch. The food is consistently fresh, aromatic and delicious. It is a family owned restaurant, the owner is always in the kitchen pumping out perfection.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This restaurant is about three blocks from the beach. The interior was austere but clean. There was an oriental touch by our table in the form of split-bamboo wall covering. I ordered from the Wok Tossed Noodles section of the menu: Mi Xao Hoac Pho Ap Chao Bo Or Ga. I choose chicken as the meat component and rice as my noodle form. This entrée was tossed with baby corn, bok choy, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, and snow peas. It arrived at the table in a heaping portion. And it was simply delicious, especially the sauce.

My wife got the Pho Ga, with chicken. This entrée came in a large bowl of tasty broth with several fresh ingredients on the side of the bowl, to be added in: cilantro, basil, bean sprouts. She declared it to be absolutely delicious and that now she "craves it."

Before the entrées were even ordered, our waiter brought us a basket of shrimp crackers. I can't eat shellfish, but my wife munched on these. They were light, like rice cakes. She enjoyed them, though she didn't taste any shrimp.

The room was awash in hard-rock background music, which I thought was totally incompatible with an Oriental restaurant. Soft Asian tunes would have been more appropriate.

We'll be back, with reinforcements.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

After eating 8 days on the cruise ship we wanted to eat our Vietnamese food nearby the hotel. This place is about 7 miles from the hotel. It is small but very clean and friendly. The food is above the average but I think most non-Vietnamese customers seem like the food at this place. The price is reasonable for a place near the beach.