“A little Gem with big flavors”

Basilic Vietnamese Grill
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014

What a great little local gem. Ordered the seafood soup bowl $13.00. First they bring crispy round shrimp crackers. The soup had three (3) very large shrimps , calamari lots of veggies on side it came with a large spring of mint for you to rip apart and add. Also on side a nice juicey lime and bean sprouts. Plus a small dish of I'm not sure but ginger paste , (kinda looks like chili paste ) . Parking can be a bit hard but so with it.

There are newer reviews for Basilic Vietnamese Grill

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Today's newest BLONDi Beach City Spot find is Lunch at Basilic Vietnamese Grill Fort Lauderdale Florida. My Mom and I had lunch today in Lauderdale by the sea at the Basilic Vietnamese Grill. We enjoyed the sunshine in the court yard and then ate some delicious food. It was a terrific experience and we enjoyed the day.

Chicken Pho soup has become one of my favorites. I love the way they serve the dishes with sides of spice and fresh herbs. I’m told that it takes them all day to make the broth. The flavors are savory yet not salty with large slices of chicken, bean sprouts, fresh basil and rice noodles.
The spring rolls are extremely fresh and filled with veggies. We ordered the beef but they also make them with shrimp and chicken. Served with a peanut sauce this dish will definitely keep me going back for more. I’m actually getting hungry again just looking at the pictures.
My Mom tried the chicken curry and she lived it. I have to say that trying it myself, I was excited to discover a fantastic curry recipe. Many places make it to oily or even gritty but Basilic has mastered their curry. Next time I’m trying the curry dish with sweet potatoes.

The interior is very clean with lots of light. A great casual decor with charm, comfortable seating and friendly service. I was also told that 3 brothers own the restaurant and opened a location in Boca Raton with plans for Delray Beach next.

The cost is only about $20 per person before tip which I think is very low for a sit down lunch and the value is definitely there. Neither one of us could finish our meals so we each had another serving to bring home. There's not a ton of parking however, since it was lunch during the week I never have trouble finding a spot near by.

Over all this charming little restaurant is amazing and I recommend it highly for lunch or diner. It’s walking distance from the beach and commercial pier where they have street parties and music on weekends. The whole area has been updated with tree lined streets and new walk ways. Definitely visit Lauderdale by the Sea next time your in town. I think you’ll really enjoy it. BLONDi

Reviewed 19 August 2014

A co-worker took me here after our exhausting shopping spree at Costco and was this a welcome respite. Even better it's not too far around the corner from where I live, assuring I'll be back. Being the hungry piggy I can be I opted for a banh mi sandwich and oxtail soup pho (each were substantial meals in their own right). Soooo delicious. Fresh crunchy vibrant green cilantro, parsely and jalapeno were matched by on point crispy baguette and luscious slivers of carrots and pork. The soup was accompanied also by jalapenos, bean sprouts and a variety of savory and hot sauces (siracha) that brought this already tasty soup to another complex level of umami unctious delight. I can't wait to return to try out some of their other tantalizing menu options.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We live in the area and always walk by this restaurant in the early morning hours. Wondered how it was and finally decided to give it a try. First let me say they should get rid of those terrible wine tumblers they use. Get real wine glasses and serve a nice size pour. Second, food was ok, nothing to return for. Agree with the other reviews not much flavor.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I ordered the beef pho and it was good but mostly noodles. I would have preferred more beef and veggies. It was acceptable but not nearly as good as I have had elsewhere. My friend's stir fried chicken dish was more flavorful and generous. The decor was lovely and intimate. I will return to try some other dishes.