“Great place, great people!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lauderdale by the Sea
Beachside Village Resort
Florida
“Great place, great people!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

There isn't anything I can say that hasn't already been said...clean, beautiful, friendly, close to the beach, free coffee & breakfast...but mostly people that go out of their way to make sure your stay is as perfect as can be. Please don't tell anyone about this place. I want to able to return again and again :)

Room Tip: The studio rooms are just the right size.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Our mini vac began with the reservations on the phone. They were pleasant, helpful and offered options for rooms.
Upon arrival, they greeted us with an offer of beer, wine, or mimosas. Then they upgraded our room from a reg hotel room to a studio style with kitchen. We were not sure why, but accepted. The rooms are lovely, clean and fresh. Beach style decor. Our room had a full frig, sink, stove, microwave, and plates/silverware.
We were right outside the pool which faces the Oceanside. We were just around the corner from the pool which is on the interior. If it is a windy day, you will feel less of it at the interior pool. Both are outfitted with lounge chairs, and round tables. Some umbrellas. Pool floats and towels available.
The interior pool has 4 cabanas which provide a variety of seating options out of the sun, and protection for any brief rain showers. They are avail on first come basis and not reserved or held.

A nice touch is Roberto's coffee (early am) / lemon water (mid morning to all day) stand by each pool. Available to all.

Breakfast is included Monday through Friday and consists of fresh fruit, yogurt choices, and fresh multigrain bread with toaster, butters and jellies. Sat and Sun, it is an easy walk into town for breakfast at various places.

The town center with the restaurants and some shopping is an easy walk not more than a mile, if that.

Jodi, Amy, and Lucke in the office are always ready to help with anything. They booked our outing of a cruise on the riverfront, helped with cab and airport shuttle.

Friday night was a complimentary hor'deuve and cocktail party by the pool.

Less than a mile walk behind the hotel (away from the ocean) is a Publix grocery market and a liquor store, as well as CVS and Dunkin Donuts. We bought some basic cheese/crackers, fruit, and beverage mixers and liquor for our stay. I do believe that the hotel would send someone to fetch you with the golf cart if you asked them to aid in getting your groceries back.

The grounds crew are all friendly and will stop to introduce themselves and chat with you. There is a real sense of "friends and family" at this resort. Roberto, Joe, and Mike were all great! Housekeeping staff were excellent as well.

Our flight out was not until evening. The staff offered to let us keep our bags in the office and there was a place to take a quick shower before we said our final goodbyes.

Use the airport shuttle they advise (TJs shuttle). They were excellent. If you are only there a few days (5 for us), you can get by without a car. We enjoy walking. Parking is avail at the resort but limited. Parking in town (LBTS) is also limited and costs money everywhere we saw. Really no need to drive a mile for the local restaurants. Very safe to walk about at night between hotel and town, or at the beach.
If you plan on excursions to Ft Lauderdale or beyond, you might want a car. We did a cruise from the Las Olas Riverfront of the IC Waterway. The cab ride is about $25 EACH way plus tip. We only did that once, so more than that might have made a car worthwhile, dep on the rates you can get and the season.

There are plenty of towels for the beach. Also a closet with first come avail beach chairs, umbrellas. And you can sign out the use if bikes, and kayaks. We only used the beach chairs. If people leave things behind, the resort might have it, so inquire about things you might want, such as a cooler for the beach or pool area, they just might have one.

I could go on about this place, but will stop now. Everything was excellent and I sure would go back again.

Room Tip: Depending on the season and how busy, just ask them what is available and what you want or need, the...
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I found this place because it was #1 on Trip Advisor and I swear by my trip advisor. From booking my room to arriving at the hotel and being greeted so kindly by Mike and Lucky- complimentary beers, a tour of the grounds and a complimentary room upgrade - this place felt like home with family. Our room was beautiful, had a full kitchen and they had given us a chilled bottle of champagne with best wishes for our anniversary on it.The grounds are impeccable and the entire vibe of the place is so positive and peaceful- you really feel like you are on vacation. We only came for one night to get away- but we will definitely return with friends and stay a few days. Thank you everyone at Beachside Village Resort for making our anniversary a very memorable one!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have just returned from nearly three weeks touring Florida and were fortunate enough to have discovered the Beachside Village resort. Our studio 'Marthas Vineyard' was beautiful, the whole site and swimming pools were immaculate. We were greeted on arrival with a glass of wine, and even had a cold beer brought out to us whilst we were relaxing by the pool. We managed to close the door to our room and lock ourselves out, and were even given a glass of wine whilst they came to unlock it! The most beautiful beach is just across the road, and towels, chairs and umbrellas are all provided free of charge. All the staff went out of their way to make us welcome. We love America and would normally explore different areas, but next year, hopefully, we will make Lauderdale by the Sea part of our trip. To cap it all (sorry about the pun!) my husband was even given a Boston Red Sox cap!
Sandra and Roy

Room Tip: Or suite, Marthas Vineyard was in the courtyard area on the corner, steps from the pool and our car...
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My family needed a place to stay in Lauderdale by the Sea on very short notice due to the death of a family member. A friend recommended BVR and we are SO INCREDIBLY GLAD! Lucke worked with us to figure out what rooms would work best for us. The accommodations were spotless, the pools and cabanas were the perfect place for us to meet as a family to discuss arrangements, and the owners and employees were wonderful. Dave, Lucke, Mike, James and all the others were always there to anticipate our needs…from a cooler to a golf-cart ride to a restaurant. Thanks so much to all the staff—you went “above and beyond” for us! We will definitely be back next time we are in town. Ten Stars!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Karen S
Billings, Montana
Reviewed 11 May 2014

BVR, you have done me RIGHT! I travel a tremendous amount and it usually takes a really nice place to get me in one of those "I don't want to leave" moods, but you have done it! Of course it helps you are located in one of my favorite US cities, but still, I'm still beaming (4 days later) from my stay at your resort.

Between the charm of the rooms, the 2 heated pools, free parking, the rooftop deck and the unbelievably friendly staff, you are IT! I don't even care that I have to walk 50 feet to the ocean, it didn't bother me a bit. It also is a huge gold star you loan out tons of beach equipment. The snorkeling gear was so nice to just grab and use whenever the mood struck.

This resort will give you everything you need for a Florida beach vacation. Look no further and stay here. And this is coming from a tried-and-true lover of the resorts down on Las Olas. Lauderdale by the Sea is the place to be!

If I had to say anything bad, it would be this: I so wished that my 2 bedroom apt would of been equipped with paper towels and kleenex (or even if they were available for purchase in the office). But once my concern was heard by one of the employees (James) he quickly delivered me a roll of paper towels. Did I say the staff here was unbeatable?

I'm off to scour my calendar and see when I can squeeze in another stay at the BVR! : )

Room Tip: Request a room looking out to El Mar street - quick walks down to plenty of restaurants, rooftop dec...
3 Thank Octoberlove29
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The Beachside Village Resort does everything right. The rooms are beautiful and clean. The staff is friendly and very good at their jobs. The pools are very clean and the water temperature was perfect. The Friday Happy Hour was very thoughtful. Roberto makes a great cup of coffee. We will return hopefully in 2015,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends