Best Florida Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great Escape Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)
View Hotel
Sea Garden by the Sea(Lauderdale by the Sea)
View Hotel
Dee Jay Beach Resort(Lauderdale by the Sea)
View Hotel
Away Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)
View Hotel
Tropic Seas Resort(Lauderdale by the Sea)
View Hotel
Coral Key Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)
View Hotel
Plunge Beach Hotel(Lauderdale by the Sea)
  • Pool
Tides Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)
View Hotel
Florida Beach Hotels(Fort Lauderdale)
View Hotel
Beachside Village Resort(Lauderdale by the Sea)
View Hotel
All reviewsmain roadpool areabusy streetcoffee makergrocery storenice sizefort lauderdaletwo double bedsdunkin donutspalm treessmall kitchenettegreat place to stayshort walkdollar treebeach towelsbars and restaurantsfull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Clean, friendly, accomodating. Lovely accomodations in true Lauderdale by the Sea style.
Here now and enjoying the wonderful tropical plants! Took me all of 90 seconds to walk to the beach! Booked a basic hotel room for one and was surprised to find a fridge and coffee pot!!
A five minute walk to the supermarket and now stocked with water, champagne and coffee!
Love this hideaway.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank toarruda
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I love it.. New Owners, changing Rooms, all New this is a PLUS. Staff very helpful and super nice, take the time to tell me where to go with my husband. Very calm, relaxing and I really feel like I was at home. Beach is super close walk distance and they provide everything to enjoy the Beach and the pool even toys for my little one.. ;-), Rooms super clean and the lady from housekeeping went the extra mile. I recommend this place and I will be back for summer .

Room Tip: get the new rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank MARCELA V
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Just spent 2 nights at this little gem. I feel as if the staff there are our new friends! They couldn't have been more accommodating. Our 1 bedroom apartment was ready early and we were able to check in early. The room had been recently updated with new furniture and beds and was spotless. Flat screen TV's in both the bedroom and living room. Full kitchen with blender, toaster, coffee maker, microwave, range and stove, and refrigerator.

There is a lush, tropical pool area and beach towels, beach chairs, umbrellas and all kinds of toys for their guests' use either there or at the beach. There are a couple of gas grills for guests to use as well.

This place was sold about 2 months ago and the owners are updating all the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank msboogie12
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We reserved this hotel because of the great reviews here on trip advisor, but as someone stated below, I disagree with most of them. First, the actual name is "Best Florida Motel", and as far as resort versus motel, it certainly falls into the cheap motel category. It is not right on the beach as they claim, and they must have had an extremely talented photographer photograph their pool area. The pool area is tiny, is about 20 feet away from Rt. 1a, and surrounded by the cheap motel rooms. When we arrived there was a large man standing in front of the gate to the place looking intimidating, which made even walking in uncomfortable. Then, the owner was busy with a guest in the small office at the front (again, exactly what you see in movies at cheap motels, only with more flowers and bright colors), so we had to wait a while for that to get wrapped up. Once inside, the woman asked for our reservation, and stated that she "didn't have [us] there". I handed her the printed email I had received a month before from the hotel's email address that was confirming our room and rate. The woman stated that they had recently purchased the hotel and that we must have made the reservations prior to the purchase, and the previous owners must not have given the reservation to her. This was false, because when we asked her when she bought the place she said a date that was prior to our confirmation email (same email is still on their business cards). The hotel was booked full so we were stranded. The owner offered to give us 15% off our next stay there for the inconvenience (the same discount they offer if you book through booking.com), and gave us the name of another hotel in the area (which was also booked). We never got a chance to see the rooms, but we will certainly not be back to check it out. I recommend people look elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Kathleen L
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Set back from a busy street protected from noise by the trees & fencing, this sweet hideaway was perfect. Small shaded courtyard with flowers & trees and a pool. Attractive room decked in bamboo furnishings with nice colors. Very friendly manager, Bo, who answered all questions and gave directions to restaurants and beach. Walking distance to everything you want or need (beach, restaurants, shopping, medical). This was my 3rd visit to Lauderdale by the Sea and I love the quiet, simplicity and charm of the area and only about 25 minutes north from Ft. Lauderdale airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple