“Our room was thick with dust & very old. Badly needing upgrading!”

Best Florida Resort
London, United Kingdom
“Our room was thick with dust & very old. Badly needing upgrading!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Can't understand the good reviews, we had a horrendous experience! This is not a hotel, it's a motel & the resort is not called "Best Florida Resort" it's called "Best Florida Motel". The office hours are very limited. Our room, 201, was old fashioned & thick with dust. The old wicker headboards on the beds were completely covered in dust & the carpets were too. There was even dust on the walls. The toilet & kitchen area were clean but our toilet didn't flush & because of the limited office hours of 10-7, we couldn't complain & had to wait till morning! If you arrive after the office is closed, there is no one to greet you! We found our name was taped to the office door with instructions to our room & the key was inside a box, just outside the room! I was shocked by all this as the reason we booked this particular resort was because of the great reviews. Perhaps we were very unlucky & got the most old fashioned & dusty room in the resort. I don't think our room had even been used in a long time, the dust was so bad. The furniture was years old. We all spent the whole night coughing & the dust kept catching in my throat & making me sick! Not good, especially when the toilet doesn't flush! We left the resort the next morning & checked into a much nicer hotel. I would not recommend this place based on our experience. I am a well traveled person & while I don't expect 5 star accommodation, I expect where I stay to be very clean. I'm asthmatic & the dust problem made me very ill. I was told by the hotel manager that I should have told them I was asthmatic & they would have made sure my room was very clean? I was gobsmacked when I heard this. I have never had to tell a hotel I'm asthmatic before & the rooms should be spotlessly clean for whoever occupies them, asthma or not!

Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great price for the room. Had a kitchen and fridge which was very useful to make breakfast and lunch. Its one block from Publix which was great. Short walk from the beach and many great restaurants. Great experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

North Reading, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were in Florida for our Sons wedding, friends and family stayed at The Best Florida Resort
We stayed in the apartment #204 It was large very roomy and sunny. # 203 was a large studio,
very nice. All the rooms were very clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. We will be back next year for a vacation, we loved it. Dee Matthews

Room Tip: If you need apartment size accommodations room # 204 is great it's large and sunny, also room...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a night during a little getaway, it was an awesome experience to say the least. I truly enjoyed the ease of check in/checkout, as well as the price and the proximity to many different spots!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Joey R
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I truly enjoyed my stay. It was nice and cozy and I felt like I was home. The staff was friendly and made me feel welcome from the moment I arrived. I would definitely go back and make this my annual vacation hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Bkjjoanne
Kittanning, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Spent the night here before our cruise...looked like it did in the pictures except the room was way smaller...checkin lady was very nice and we checked in early. Room was clean...bleachy smell but clean. I just always have a problem with the tip envelopes...that's probably the worst part of my stay. Don't book through Hotels.com...they charged me an extra $30 for the room...yea not very happy about that.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ford1665
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Cosy, laid back little oasis just 2 mins from the sea, and 5 mins from a great, cheap supermarket. Used the on site gas grill and piged out on giant steaks. After a days exploring it was great to not always have to eat out. At reception Leila and Dallia were always very helpfull and friendly. Thanks girls! 10 mins walk brings you to the pier with shops and resturants. It was great every morning to just walk 4 mtrs. straight out of our room and into the pool, or pop down to the beautifull sandy beach for a quick dip. Free beach towels, chairs, and safety box! Our room was comfortable, clean and spacious. Nice touch with a ceiling fan as you didn't need to have the air-con blasting all night. The only thing i can set a finger on, was the trafic.A bit noisy, particulary the weekends due to the American spring break in march, so probably seasonal. But you soon get used to it. We loved the place, and would love to return! Florida rules, oh yeah!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family