“Gr8 place”
Review of Great Escape Inn

Great Escape Inn
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Place is very clean and nice in very good location. Beach is just 2 min. Room is big with big bed and kitchen. Pool is nice. Personal very friendly. Negativ is just no breakfast in hotel and pool is too open so ppl from street look in.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dana111274706

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have now stayed at the Great Escape Inn (GEI) while I attending the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show for 2 consecutive years. The GEI is a nice clean inn with a friendly and courteous staff and priced right. I stay in the 2 bedroom suite, equipped with a full kitchen, several flat screen TV's and a comfortable living room which allows me to entertain guest as well as offer clients a place to stay if needed. GEI is centrally located on A1A next to the beach and is surrounded by many excellent local restaurants and diners as well as a grocery store 1 block away for in-room dining. I highly recommend The Great Escape whether for business or pleasure, it's a great place to stay and is definitely the best bang for your buck in Ft. Lauderdale.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite is what works best for me, but I'm sure all the rooms are kept in the same k...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank CaptainMSQ
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Our visit to GEI was nothing short of fantastic. The owners were very kind and accommodating and the cleaners seemed to be mind readers. The walk to the beach was quick (under 2 minutes) with 3 kids in tow and we could walk to the shops/restaurants in under 10 minutes. Need groceries... the Publix is walk-able as well. In fact, we didn't touch the car until it was time to leave. The rooms were very clean and, in our opinion, rivalled the comfort and decor of most modern hotels. The pool was in excellent shape and served as a great place for a family swim after the beach and before walking to town for dinner. NYE was fantastic with bands, food drinks for kids and adults all out in the restaurant district. When our kids were tired out, we returned to the Inn where they enjoyed a quiet sleep while my wife and I sat right outside the door beside the pool chatting with other parents until the ball dropped. The whole experience reminded me of the old road trips I'd do with my dad before the proliferation of the large resorts and timeshares... you know, where you'd find a great little motel and enjoy the community rather than hunkering down in a resort facility. Only advice... enjoy every minute, it will be over before you know it.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank SunshineJunkies
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean, fresh, and very quiet and relaxing! Couldn't of asked for a greater weekend in Lauderdale by the sea! The staff was accommodating and the hotel had everything from beach chairs to sun block! Also properly is very well lit and has many video cameras so I felt safe for once in lbts

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Howie0203
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

We loved this cute motel like place, rooms are immaculately clean and on the large size. The cleaner was so proud of her job she showed me three other rooms! It's ideally located near the beach and there are some good cafes and restaurants nearby. All that plus parking and free wifi, what else could you need? Perhaps quieter AC?!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Ian J
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My wife and I went on a three day get away at the Great Escape Inn towards the end of august 2013. The experience was superb with friendly staff willing to help guest in any way possible. I was marveled by how the room was spacious,elegant,quiet,and spotless. I noticed a lot of restaurants by this hotel are within walking distance. This place is highly recommended for a relaxing stay and it is only one block away from the beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Isaac O
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed with my daughter and granddaughter the night after our cruise. We arrived too early to check in, but they allowed us to leave our luggage in the office. Located close to the beach and some shopping and eating establishments within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family