“Great Stay !”

Courtyard Villa
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Stay !”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Recently stayed one week in this pet friendly motel right on the beach. The staff were most kind and always friendly and helpful, like family particularly the house keeper. Only 8 rooms, clean and roomy. You can literally see the ocean through the front door. We look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank DonDC1953

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
boston
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The location was great, beautiful stretch of beach, beautiful sunrises, walking distance to the newly refurbished LBTS center. The room and hotel istelf was not great. We had oceanfront #2 and it was musty (to be expected I guess), cracked plaster, cracked grout, rusty microwave, and just a sad, rundown little place. Our lock to our door looked like it had been broken into a few times or just rotted out and never repaired. Had to really finess the key to work every time. Outdoor shower didn't work, it was hooked up to a garden hose instead.We booked it for the location and price, and I guess you get what you pay for. Next time I will try and find a little nicer property and pay a little more. The receptionist and housekeeper were very nice, no complaints there. The place just needs a little love and few updates

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank trvlr7

Travellers are raving about these Lauderdale by the Sea hotels

Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I don't need a lot of fluff... how can you beat French doors that open to the ocean, 50 feet away? Management/cleaning staff were great. Walking distance to a great corner with pubs and restaurants. There are four rooms that open directly to the ocean. The two on the second floor give you a bit more privacy. The staff says that it's common for them to be full on weekend with a wedding party and then a wedding on the beach. Nice.

Room Tip: 8, except where WE'RE there.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LynneB501
Ft Lauderdale
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This is a great place for an event. If you can fill eight rooms, you have a hotel all to yourself. Naturally, as an older and smaller property, it needs some renovation and maintenance. But you get a pool / jacuzzi in a courtyard, and a beach outside your room. You would have to pay a lot more for an experience that would not be this intimate. Most of Lauderdale's hotels are across a street from a beach. This one is on the beach with a reef you can just about walk to.

Also the staff of the hotel are all friendly and helpful throughout your stay. My group came for a reunion of friends on a long weekend in the middle of June 2013. We enjoyed our stay immensely, largely because the staff was so accommodating.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank bato2
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We went in March and stayed there because of Frommer review. Ignore any travel guide recs for this place. Heed the reviews by guests who've stayed.

The location and view are very, very good.

But the cleanliness, guest relations and management are horrible. Security can be an issue also.

As mentioned, the locks are a concern. More significantly, there is nobody at the front desk at night. There is a sign to call if there is a concern (like noise!) but guess what -- there are no phones in the room! So, if your cell phone reception is poor you're out of luck.

Why would you need to call the management? Oh, perhaps the college kids who were staying there for spring break in March are loud and noisy (and having sex in the pool)

the first night we tolerated the noise when we were awakened at 3:00 am. When I asked the manager for compensation she told me I should have called (remember there are no phones). And told me there would be no compensation when I asked for it.

The next night we called for the off site manager and apparently nobody responded because we talked to the college kids at 1:30, 3:00 and 4:30.

When I got up the next morning there were panties, shoes, chips, and empty beer bottles in and around the pool. As I was discussing this with the manager, a first floor guest told us the college kids were having sex in the pool at 5:00 am. The manager was nonplussed - she didn't even respond.

So, if you can ignore the dirt, the dust and cobwebs on the ceiling and ceiling fan and don't mind getting out of bed to find the manager's phone number to call when there are problems -- and don't mind not getting a refund for your dissatisfaction, this is the place for you.

But definitely don't go during Spring Break!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank beachoh
Miami
Reviewed 12 July 2013

It's on the beach...What can I say? It was WELL worth the value and those wanting something more should pay double the price at other establishments on the water. The room was quaint and although the bed was a bit hard (for our liking)...WHAT a view and the small balcony overlooking the beach added to its charm. The customer service was wonderful, too, as was the housekeeping. Hot Tub was welcoming and the pool was inviting, too... Again, this quaint hotel is for customers who want VALUE (or BANG) for their buck...All others stay elsewhere, because this hotel probably won't be YOUR 'cup of tea'. It fit our cup just fine...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank phoenixfaith
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Very bad expierience. The pool is a health hazard-beyond disqusting. The rooms at first glance seem ok but when you actually look around you just want to get out. Dirty, and old. You might try to fool yourself that it is worth the stay because of the great location, that is what I did , but after settling in after a long drive and my infants restlessness passing, I just wanted the night to end, so I could get out of there.
I was packed and ready to go as soon as the reception opened. I explained to them that I would not stay another night because the room was dirty, it was extremely noisy at night, the locks on the doors to the room did not in my opinon provide enough security-( they were old). Also, I was looking forward to going to the pool-Yikes- you would not want to step into that pool. I was told they had an emergency and the reception lady ran out on me after telling me they would call me to confirm my refund after she spoke with someone else. I called two hours later because no one called me back and was told they were busy with some emergency and would get back to me. I probably called at least two more times that day and was told not to worry that it would be handled. So I assumed it was. Unfortunately, no one from Courtyard Villas followed through on what was said to me. The charge for the night that I did not spend there was not refunded to my card. Yes, they are so good with their talk but don't be so naive as I was. Take a very good look at the room and at the place, don't let the sun and Palm trees blind you upon your arrival.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Evelyn9876
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lauderdale by the Sea
Plunge Beach Hotel
#20 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Windjammer Resort
Windjammer Resort
#3 of 28 in Lauderdale by the Sea

Been to Courtyard Villa? Share your experiences!