“Worst Example of Benihana Ever Experienced”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Intracoastal Waterway
Description: Prepare for a dining experience unlike any other. Watch as your personal chef performs the ancient art of Teppanyaki. Listen as razor-sharp blades slice through tender steak and juicy chicken. Take in the aroma of sizzling shrimp, lobster and savory vegetables. And don’t forget our delicious sushi appetizers, including fresh nigiri, sashimi and specialty rolls, all made with the same flair that made Benihana a legend in Japanese cuisine.
Reviewed 28 December 2013

As another reviewer wrote the management, if you can call it that, doesn't have a clue. The receptionist is rude, the food mediocre at best, and the overall ambience is awful. I was there with my extended family including 3 young boys and that is the only reason I stayed. They let several families simply stand there while three waitresses looked at the computer, maitre'd made snarky remarks, and the manager bustled around doing nothing that I could see. Once we were seated the waiter wasn't the best but acceptable. The cook at the table was the worst I have ever seen. He cooked the ingredients completely out of the normal order, my lobster tasted like it had been soaked in ammonia, and the rest of the food was to put it mildly unremarkable. After several requests they finally turned the awful music down to only an ear splitting level. I wouldn't go back there even if it was fun listening to the valet parking guys argue about tips (at least they can do their jobs). The owner of this place must be absent as this is clearly an a nuthouse with the inmates in charge. Never, ever again.

1  Thank Martin S
There are newer reviews for Benihana

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We are a family of 7 who were on vacation for Thanksgiving. We all like to eat at Benihana and this is one of the best experiences we ever had.
Our reservation was for 530pm, and we arrived about 5 minutes early. The valet was very polite and we dropped off the car and went inside.
We had about a 5 minute wait, and a windowside table was available for us. These tables are a bit smaller than the other Benihanas I have been too, so 7 (5 adults and 2 kids) was a bit of a squeeze.
Our server Tracie was AWESOME! I cannot give her enough kudos. She brought our drinks fast, and realizing that we had 2 small (3 & 5) children was all about getting the food orders in quickly so the chef could get started on preparation. My niece is very chatty and loves to talk with adults, so Tracie treating her just like an adult was such a treat for her.
Soon after, our chef Saha came out and he was a gem as well! He was very personable, chatting with the kids and doing the usual Benihana tricks. The food was excellent - best fried rice ever, said my husband! He made sure the kids always had plenty of food, and did a superb job on the steaks we had ordered - awesome medium rare. The veggies were tasty as well.
Tracie kept us well stocked with drinks, rice, salad, soup and dessert, and was never far away when we needed something else. She and Saha even posed for some photos with the kids. I'm only sorry we don't live in the area to visit more frequently, but we will be back next time we are in Florida, that is for sure!!!!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Our family of 8 went to Benihana to celebrate our youngest son's 20th birthday. Starting with the sour puss of a valet, it went down hill from there. The hostess was equally as unfriendly. Had it been up to me, we would have turned around and left then and there. After being seated, my oldest son made a comment about the dishes being dirty. I looked at my dish and it was greasy, so I wiped it with a napkin. It was disgusting. When I mentioned it to our server, and asked for a clean dish, instead of apologizing, she said that all the dishes were probably in the same shape. Unbelievable!! She was right, the new dishes she brought were equally as yucky. The only reason that my mother and I didn't get up right then and there and leave was because the rest of the family didn't seem to mind the dirty dishes and we didn't want to upset the evening.

I ordered the Emperor's Salad with the ginger dressing. It was tasteless. I was able to try some of the other dishes, some of which were pretty good. The chef put on a decent show and he was occasionally funny. Except for ignoring the request to keep the mushrooms away from 2 sons who are allergic, which was amazing to me, he was ok. Upon leaving, I paid a visit to the bathroom. It was dirty and unfitting a restaurant were we spent several hundred dollars to eat. Anyone wishing to celebrate a special occasion should save themselves the aggravation and find a different restaurant. Clearly, management needs to be replaced, as attitudes usually trickle down and the attitudes here are terrible. We'll spend our money elsewhere.

3  Thank Reenerbeener
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

We've been to many Japanese restaurants. Sergio was our cook for the night. He took his time cooking
.. he didn't just throw it on the table, warm it up and throw it on your plate.
It's probably the longest a Japanese meal has ever taken to cook ... but oh my how well it was seasoned. I usually cover my food in the sauces ... the way Sergio prepared our food, I honestly did not use any sauce! Much healthier! He didn't do a lot of "entertaining" .. he concentrated on our food! To the management ... make sure you keep Sergio ... we are requesting him when we come back!
One other tip ... visit Benihana website .. join the roundtable club, and you should get a $30 off coupon for your birthday!

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Great lunch deals compared to there dinner menu!! Fun experience for a birthday or special occasion. The chiefs have great personality and make each time worth wild. Go try it out!