“Awesome Service at Dee Jay”

and 1 more site!
Dee Jay Beach Resort
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Wow wow wow it was simply great, totally wonderful, the best service ever, i have been to fort lauderdale many many times and stayed in a few places but Dee Jay Beach Resort was simply outstanding in every single way, greatest attention to detail, our rooom was so big it felt like a home, and completely spotlessly clean, daily service with a smile, Management taking utmost pride in their job. The pool huge and clean and totally refreshing, and the location of Dee Jay truly the best, from our room we look onto the ocean and just top class by far, the best on El Mar Drive, It was a total pleasure staying here and everyone i spoke to agrees and the price unbeatable for the 7 Star service that we received, we loved it and the Management and Owner made us feel so welcome and was always at any time eager to assist us in any way, Thank you Dee Jay for the best holiday and we will see you everytime we visit fort lauderdale !!!! we have friends staying here and they have already pre-booked for next year simply because it was the best in every way !!!! for great great value you will get 7 star treatment !!! Dee Jay's by far the best in Lauderdale by the Sea.

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank mandyvs

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I have had the worst most violating experience with this hotel. They gave my personal information from my check-in and name, address, phone and credit card info to a friend of the hotel employees.

Do not go. they will violate your privacy.

Ruined my vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Heather F
deejaymotel, Owner at Dee Jay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

The personal and credit card information obtained during registration is for hotel use only. This information is not and has never been distributed or divulged to anyone. This guest is seriously mistaken!

Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed here for a month in July and they were not crowded (off season) with the exception of a couple weekends.

Location - Awesome with everything one could want right there. Beach across the street, shopping (Publix, Liquor store, strip mall) one block inland, Restaurants, the Pier, Scuba shop, tourist shopping all within easy walking distance around Commercial. We had a car but did not use it daily which was nice. LBTS is one of our favorites.

Hotel - Is outdated, but clean. We stayed in a couple of units in the front, and they were spacious and well equipped (One bedroom). Even had two walk in closets. Any thing we wanted for the kitchen we just asked. They had updated the bathroom and floor tile so things were getting remodeled. Some of the furniture could use replacing, but it was not falling apart. The dining room set was fairly recent. The sleeper couch was old and needed replacing but my son did not seem to loose any sleep.The Master bed was oldish but comfortable. No bugs that we saw and we were there for weeks. AC worked well as did the frig. Stove and microwave (recent) worked well also. We ate in maybe 80% of the time.....mmmm, fresh seafood! Overall EX+.

Overall - The owner was very nice and accommodating. We left the Motel and returned and they even stored some of my gear while we were in Orlando/Key Largo. When they are booked up/crowded you could end up in a very outdated room without a reservation. In summer that only happens on weekends. We paid under $400 a week so the value is excellent. Publix has good seafood values as do many markets in the area. The ocean breeze is nice so most evenings and even days are cooler than you may think. Inland is a different story. We had a great, and trouble free month.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room if available. I think some in the back are in need of renovation, and pet ro...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Ron F
Reviewed 18 February 2011

.i agree this place is old, and badly in need of everything .. rooms are large and bedding not so good.. my unit smelled of cats ! although no anamils are permitted somehow it got passed the staff.

now to be objective. for the price, and the location this is a good deal. the pool is nice and well maintained, and the beach is a 3 minute walk

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 1 April 2010

This facility is right accross the quiet street of El Mar...so much quieter than the places on A1-A. We could sit on the front porch in afternoon with beautiful view of palm trees and ocean. The staff is attentive. We had reasonable rates for full one bedroom apartment, with full kitchen, living room, and king bedroom . Maid service daily. Quick walk accross the street to the beach (they gave us beach chairs to use), right around the corner from Publix Grocery Store, CVS, Restaurants (gotta try Aruba's for afternoon music , fun, and great food on the beach), and just down a couple blocks from the shops. and pier...everything you need can be reached without a car. Everyone was so friendly. It isn't fancy, and it's not 4-star brand new, but very comfortable, clean, and pleasant.....
In the afternoon we rested by the pool, one day we had lunch on the patio area by poolside.
Great vacation for us ( middle aged couple who needed relaxing beach time).. rest and getting away from New England's long winter...can't wait to book same place next year !!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MassachusettsKathryn
Reviewed 11 January 2010

This place is very dated. The furniture is gross and in bad shape. The mattresses were atrocious. We booked a one bedroom apartment and arrived to find one king bed, one twin daybed, and one fold-out couch bed. They all smelled bad, just like the entire unit. The day bed was so worn that it slanted to the side and it was like sleeping on a wedge. The fold-out couch bed was basically just springs. Also, one day the housekeeper knocked on the door one day and after we promised to be out of the room in ten minutes, she rudely left and never returned to clean the room at all. Overall, a lousy place.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank carcar38
Reviewed 27 February 2009

My wife, son , and I scored some nine dollar flights on Spirit Airlines out of Atlantic City, NJ to Fort Lauderdale. It then became my task to find a location that we would like to stay at. I have a serious aversion to high rise hotels and condos located right on the beach, so I knew we would not be staying in Fort Lauderdale proper. Thanks to the internet I discovered Lauderdale by the Sea and all that it had to offer. It appeared to be small, laid back , quiet , and pretty. These are all things that I look for in a beach vacation. I researched all the hotels and came up with some favorites. When I called a lot of my favorites were already booked. I decided that we would fly down without a hotel reservation and see what we could find. When we arrived at LBTS I stopped at DJs. They did have some vacancies. We asked to see the room that we would be staying in and they allowed us to do so. We decided to take it. They waived the 3rd person in the room fee. Our room was on the large side. It was downstairs right next to the pool. We had a large porch which led into the apartment. The living room area had a day bed where my son slept. There was a seperate bedroom where my wife and I slept. The bathroom was off of the bedroom. The kitchen area was off of the livingroom. The kitchen had a good sized fridge, newer microwave, toaster, and a very new looking four burner stove with oven. There was a large wall mounted air conditioner which also could be used in a heating mode. It was cold on a couple of days that we were there so I tried the heating mode. After about 15 minutes of operation it blew the circuit. The air worked fine when the weather was warmer and we switched it on. The 20 amp circuit was ample for running the air, but not the heat. I mentioned it to the nice lady at the desk, but I had the feeling that she already knew about the condition.

DJ pros
l. size of the apartment was ample.
2. close to the beach on El Mar Drive (short walk to entrance)
3. they loaned us beach chairs and some really plush beach towels.
4. prices that were not that expensive.
5. you are assigned a parking space which is yours. (Some hotels do not have ample parking on site) Inquire before you book
6. A very short walk to the Publix market and other shops.
7. Any concerns that we had about our room was addressed. (We mentioned that the kitchen floor looked a little dirty and sticky. It was wet mopped with bleach every day thereafter during our stay)

Cons
l. The place is on the old side as is most of the mom and pop hotels here in LBTS
2. Our bedroom could have been a little cleaner. There were some dust bunnies on one of the walls by the mirror. I bet that they are still there
3. On our arrival I did find one large dead palmetto bug in our bedroom. I got rid of it without telling my wife. I saw no others either alive or dead for the rest of our stay.
4. There was a little bit of construction going on across the street while we were there. It was not begun to early nor did it last to long.

FYI There is a large construction project going on on El Mar to the south of DJs. It is right near High Noon. In early Feb. it included a lot of dust , noise, and fuel smells. There was a very large construction crane on sight. It was the type that you would see in the city, with the operator sitting way up near the top. It was so high that it had warning lights on top of it at night for low flying aircraft. High Noon is a really nice place that was on my favorite list. I would not liked to have been here though with all of this construction going on next door. I am glad that we did not stay on Ocean Ave. (AlA) There are some nice places there but the traffic seemed oppressive.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple