I've been to Windjammer many times over the years and I continue to come back. The main reason is business, but as a northern European I do appreciate the weather in Florida this time of the year :-) I bring my family about every second year for a combined business and sun vacation trip, and this year we "did" a week in Orlando before coming down to Lauderdale. Windjammer's location on the beach and in the small village of Lauderdale-by-the-Sea just north of Ft. Lauderdale makes it an especially great place for families. You can walk to everything you need - restaurants, shops and grocery stores, and the local street has no passing-through traffic which makes the area more safe. Yes, I know, it's a European habit to actually walk now and then :-) The hotel has units for 2 to 6 people and the rooms are clean and tidy and have everything we need. There are a main larger (south) pool and a smaller (north) one. The free wireless internet worked acceptably in our unit. Night sleep was somewhat disturbed by the rather loud AC in the bedroom, while the one in the kitchen/living room was quieter. The staff were, as always, friendly and helpful and the maids were doing great. As you might understand from this review, my family and I really like Windjammer's and Lauderdale-by-the-Sea. We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Resort Hotel is located away from the crowds and sits on a wide and gorgeous palm-lined beach. Modern suites, all with kitchens, provide guests with superb views of the Atlantic Ocean and direct access to a pristine uncrowded beach. One block away is Pelican Square, the center of activity in the charming and secure seaside town of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, on the east side of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Relaxation and comfort are assured with a pristine uncrowded beach, two heated pools, a well maintained facility, friendly staff and very clean apartments. Our beachfront property is a White Glove Award recipient from the Superior Small Lodging Association eight years in a row. Unique to the Windjammer Resort Hotel is that from our beach you can snorkel or dive to a renowned coral reef, walk to the best fishing/sightseeing pier in South Florida and to a variety of shopping, restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Windjammer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Resort & Beach Club Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Windjammer Resort And Beach Club
- Windjammer Resort Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida