We have been owners since 1982. We enjoyed Lauderdale-by-the-Sea so much from a few previous family vacations in the area that we decided to buy our one bedroom unit at Windjammer for week 52. As an added bonus we receive an additional week 53 every five years. The rooms are small but very adequate and on several occasions we have had family members join us. We especially like being so close to the ocean which is only a few feet away. The beach is very nice and clean with palm trees providing shade. The resort provides free beach chairs and beach towels. Our ground floor unit overlooks one of two heated pools and beyond that we have a great view of the ocean. It is ideal for a relaxing vacation. The resort itself is kept exceptionally immaculate and updated. The surrounding areas are also well maintained. The kitchen is well equipped so we can eat many of our meals in as well as sampling a variety of restaurants in and around the quaint “village square.” Almost everything is within a convenient short walking distance, such as restaurants, shops, taverns, ice cream, fishing pier, etc. The resort staff people are friendly and accommodating. Some years when we are unable to occupy our unit, we have management rent it for us and they have been successful in finding renters. Occasionally, we have been in the area at times other than our normal week and they have been kind enough to let us park in their parking lot, space providing, so we can spend a few hours enjoying the beach and nearby restaurants, etc. We definitely would recommend this resort to others. We have been very satisfied with our many vacations at Windjammer and look forward to many more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Resort Hotel is located away from the crowds and sits on a wide and gorgeous palm-lined beach. Modern suites, all with kitchens, provide guests with superb views of the Atlantic Ocean and direct access to a pristine uncrowded beach. One block away is Pelican Square, the center of activity in the charming and secure seaside town of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, on the east side of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Relaxation and comfort are assured with a pristine uncrowded beach, two heated pools, a well maintained facility, friendly staff and very clean apartments. Our beachfront property is a White Glove Award recipient from the Superior Small Lodging Association eight years in a row. Unique to the Windjammer Resort Hotel is that from our beach you can snorkel or dive to a renowned coral reef, walk to the best fishing/sightseeing pier in South Florida and to a variety of shopping, restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Windjammer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Resort And Beach Club
- Windjammer Resort & Beach Club Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Windjammer Resort Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida