I came to the Wimdjammer with my Mom celebrating her 84th Birthday. It was a perfect get a way, great location in the small cozy city of Lauderdale By The Sea. The staff was very nice, Joseph, Lillian, John, as well as all the orhers! Our room was oceanfront, first floor, and overlooking the pool. Extremely comfortable and clean. Good space for the two of us. We had our coffee watching the sun come up from our dining room table. They provide very comfortable Tommy Bahama low beach chairs that we took to the beach. We enjoyed sitting on the beach watching a couple of dozen divers come in and out of the ocean as well as seeing the Pier just north. I strolled the beach several times during my stay, so relaxing. In our kitchen I cooked several meals. I bought one seasoning, curry. It flavored several of our meals, coconut curry pork chops with sauteed mushrooms and onions along with jasmine rice. You can barbecue outside by the pool as well. Bring some charcoal or a guest might have left some. The grocery store Publix, is less than a mile away. We also had several meals on Commercial Blvd, walking distance, just north. Very good hamburgers at the Village, oh the dessert, rectangle plate with ice cream, cream, nuts, sliced strawberry, great to share. Yum! Very good chicken salad sandwich at Country Ham and Eggs.. Service as well was very good. Stop in to see Dominic or Dominque at Doggies and Diamonds right down the street from Village Grille, the cutest puppies ever and beautiful jewelry. I bought a gorgeous ring there and almost came home with a Perkapoo puppy! Just adorable. All just a short walk or you can drive the block and there are parking meters. They do check the meters! Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Resort Hotel is located away from the crowds and sits on a wide and gorgeous palm-lined beach. Modern suites, all with kitchens, provide guests with superb views of the Atlantic Ocean and direct access to a pristine uncrowded beach. One block away is Pelican Square, the center of activity in the charming and secure seaside town of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, on the east side of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Relaxation and comfort are assured with a pristine uncrowded beach, two heated pools, a well maintained facility, friendly staff and very clean apartments. Our beachfront property is a White Glove Award recipient from the Superior Small Lodging Association eight years in a row. Unique to the Windjammer Resort Hotel is that from our beach you can snorkel or dive to a renowned coral reef, walk to the best fishing/sightseeing pier in South Florida and to a variety of shopping, restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Windjammer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Resort And Beach Club
- Windjammer Resort & Beach Club Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Windjammer Resort Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida