We stayed 4 nights in studio 14 on the 2nd floor south side overlooking the pool. We found all staff to be friendly and responded quickly to any problems or needs. The room was extremely clean and daily servicing kept it that way. Our room had a queen size Murphy bed that was very comfortable and could be put away during the day for more room. The bathroom was small and had a very small shower. The small kitchen was stocked enough for us but most meals were eaten out with just a short walk to the main area of restaurants and shops. No need to drive. Also the pool can be noisy during the day and had 1 night until 10pm. Studio #14 was just right for 2 people but anymore you would need a larger room. Also a set of stairs to this level, no elevator. With the minor issues we would stay again in #14.
The beach is right off the back and on this side was a narrow and steep set of stairs to go down to access the beach. This could be a problem if you have difficulty walking or handicapped. In that case you could stay on the other side for easy beach access.
I also dove there and the other side has a very nice staging area to set up your gear and walk right onto the beach. High tide is best for entry as low tide makes the walk a lot farther to deep enough water to get your fins on or your BCD. Like others have said the Windjammer is right at the best reef area just south of the pier and the max depth is 15ft at the closest reef and makes for good snorkeling too. Great place for novice divers to work on skills.
Overall we loved our stay and will be back in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Resort Hotel is located away from the crowds and sits on a wide and gorgeous palm-lined beach. Modern suites, all with kitchens, provide guests with superb views of the Atlantic Ocean and direct access to a pristine uncrowded beach. One block away is Pelican Square, the center of activity in the charming and secure seaside town of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, on the east side of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Relaxation and comfort are assured with a pristine uncrowded beach, two heated pools, a well maintained facility, friendly staff and very clean apartments. Our beachfront property is a White Glove Award recipient from the Superior Small Lodging Association eight years in a row. Unique to the Windjammer Resort Hotel is that from our beach you can snorkel or dive to a renowned coral reef, walk to the best fishing/sightseeing pier in South Florida and to a variety of shopping, restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Windjammer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Resort And Beach Club
- Windjammer Resort & Beach Club Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Windjammer Resort Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida