My wife & I are nomadic vacationers (private cruises, commercial cruises, & camping in our younger days). We rarely spend more than 2 days at one location, see the major sights & attractions & move on. In 40 years, I can count the time spent at one location for a week or more on one hand. This year we needed a break from our routine. For our Spring vacation, after studying the website & reading the reviews in Trip Advisor, we booked the 1st week of June at the Windjammer. It was in one word "Exceptional". The location is excellent. Right on the beach , your watersport of choice is available. If the beach or ocean isn't your thing, two pools are available for refreshment & relaxtion. The south side pool also has barbeque facilities & a beautifully landscaped terrace. Our oceanfront studio balcony was huge & was perfect for reading. relaxing, or people watching & the views are absolutely beautiful. The room itself was perfect for two people with full kitchen, comfortable queen size bed, small dining or multi-purpose table, two plush easy chairs, & bathroom with large shower. We were hardly in the room but rather out on the balcony, the beach, the town, or out exploring. The cleanliness of the grounds & rooms is immaculate. The entire staff is freindly, curtious, & helpfull. Other guests are friendly & outgoing-very easy to carry on a conversation with. A short walk into town offers you a variety of shopping & dining o[ptions. There are so many attractions in and around Lauderdale by the Sea, one week was not enough time for us to all we had hoped to do. The Windjammer is not a mega resort, but rather a small, intimate, family owned hideaway that offers the ultimate in value & relaxation. Our time here was the perfect respite for relaxation, redefining, & reconnecting This short week ranks in the top 5 of all vacations we have ever taken.Thank You Windjammer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Resort Hotel is located away from the crowds and sits on a wide and gorgeous palm-lined beach. Modern suites, all with kitchens, provide guests with superb views of the Atlantic Ocean and direct access to a pristine uncrowded beach. One block away is Pelican Square, the center of activity in the charming and secure seaside town of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, on the east side of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Relaxation and comfort are assured with a pristine uncrowded beach, two heated pools, a well maintained facility, friendly staff and very clean apartments. Our beachfront property is a White Glove Award recipient from the Superior Small Lodging Association eight years in a row. Unique to the Windjammer Resort Hotel is that from our beach you can snorkel or dive to a renowned coral reef, walk to the best fishing/sightseeing pier in South Florida and to a variety of shopping, restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Windjammer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Resort And Beach Club
- Windjammer Resort & Beach Club Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Windjammer Resort Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida