Southern Seas
Castle by the Sea(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$116
Best Florida Resort(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$96
Great Escape Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$111
Blue Strawberry by the Sea(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$129
Coral Key Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$218
Hotel Seacrest(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$123
Blue Seas Courtyard(Lauderdale by the Sea)
HotelQuickly
Tides Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)
TripAdvisor
Sea Cliff Resort(Lauderdale by the Sea)
TripAdvisor
Sea Lord Hotel & Suites(Lauderdale by the Sea)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswalking distancepast guestsbeach frontfull kitchenmanagement staffbeach towelsgreat restaurants and barsprivate decklaundry roomwasher and dryersmall kitchenettefew blocksliving roomoverlooking the oceanheated poolnice poolking bed
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Just returned from this hotel..We stayed on El Mar last year and really liked where we stayed but the room we wanted seemed to have a bit of a price hike so we thought we would try Southern Seas. Some of this is the same as a lot of other reviewers have said. Teresa in the office was very nice and personable, pool was small but clean, the hotel in general was kept nice and clean and is right on the gorgeous beach, the wi-fi does indeed work now, nice that they provide lounge chairs to drag onto the beach & beach towels, free morning newspaper left at your door is a nice touch, quick walk to town, restaurants, stores and Publix for groceries...Now for the cons: they DO NOT provide shampoo or conditioner, only soap... I don't think I have ever stayed in a place that didn't, bathroom was very small and toilet was "slow"(we had to ask for a plunger),..our room (#28) was dated..it had a big, old, clunky TV...no flatscreen here!.. it had an old rusty A/C unit,..our room had a door to an adjoining room which we noticed was unlocked, we told the front desk & also the maid about it and they said they would lock it...that NEVER got done. We ended up putting our luggage and moving a big chair in the room in front of the door to feel more secure. This hotel has a lot of good reviews but to us it just not up to what we are used to...maybe it was just the room we stayed in. But as the title of my review said, we thought it was just "OK"

Room Tip: We would say if you stay here pick a different room..mayber others are more updated...not #28, sorry... :-(
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Debby B
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I wrote a glowing review a couple of weeks ago, but for some reason, it has not been posted...I'll try again. Teresa in the office truly wants the customer to have a good time and to be happy. She is friendly, helpful, and efficient. The internet absolutely does work now. This was important to me and I was a bit hesitant to stay her based on some of the other reviews. It could be slightly tempermental at times, but there was never a time when I could not connect to the internet.

All that needs to be said re. the beach, pool, chairs to drag to the beach has been said, but I do want to review room 14 in particular. Looks just like the pictures on the website. Large expanse of windows facing the ocean, beautiful views. This is a lower level room so no stairs to climb. Nothing fancy, but it has everything we need. The bed was satisfactory (my husband could sleep on it and he is very picky), comfy recliner chair in the living room and a sofa, dining room table with four chairs, kitchen with counter/stools. The kitchen is fully stocked, and when I say fully stocked, I mean it has everything that you could need to make every meal here (not that you'd want to, just saying). Most importantly it has a blender that crushes ice for frozen drinks. Bathroom was fine, small, but clean and updated. There's a place in the bedroom with mirrors and lighting to apply make-up and do hair because this could be a problem in the tiny bathroom.

A close walk to the shops/bars/restaurants. My husband has hip problems and complains about walking if it's too far and he never said a word. And while close to the action, this place is far enough away to be totally quiet. I never heard a sound after going to sleep...seems everybody goes to bed early, as do we.

Yes, as I mentioned, this place is not fancy, but it was such a breath of fresh air to pull up to a parking spot right in front and take our luggage into our room, which was only a short walk away. Having stayed at a few other resorts before coming here, I was sick of walking long distances to get from the room to the pool and beach. Was so nice to open the door of this unit, be in the pool area, and just steps to the beach. Could go in and out of the unit during the day so very easily.

I loved it and hope that it works out that I get to stay again next year, but for 10 days instead of only 3! Thanks Teresa for not giving my room to any of the others who were trying to move into my room because they liked it so much! Will just have to find a place where my husband and I can workout.

Room Tip: Room 14 was perfect, bottom floor, huge windows facing the ocean, everything you could need.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Maureen2011
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We spent 3 nights here and really didn't want to leave. We were in room 37 which is probably one of the smaller rooms. The furniture was a brand new and very nice. The room and the grounds were spotless. The only problem I could find was the mattress was horrible. There was no chair or table in the room so if you want to use a laptop would be a bit impossible. Right outside the door is a patio table and chair and that is where we went to use our laptop. It was great having a coffee maker, toaster, microwave and fridge right in the room. All the staff were wonderful and helpful and we totally enjoyed our stay. Would not hesitate to recommend to anyone or return. Also, there is no alarm clock in the room, just an FYI.

Room Tip: Room 37 had a wonder quiet a/c unit - must be brand new.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RiverManitobaCanada
Reviewed 12 December 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here, but there were definitely pros and cons:

PROS:
-perfect location right on the beach - doesn't get any better
-beach chairs available to drag onto the beach
-great kitchenette with everything you need, but bring dish soap as none was available
-very clean and comfortable room (#35)
-the manager Theresa was very nice
-great walking distance to Publix and restaurants - we didn't even rent a car

CONS:
-the Wifi never worked in our room, and only worked right next to the office at the pool. This is a long-term problem, as other reviewers have mentioned it, so be aware
-there were usually smokers by the pool - very annoying if you came for clean, relaxing ocean air
-the mattress was too soft and both my husband and I would wake up uncomfortable, but that seems to be typical in smaller places like this

Overall a great stay, but would really have liked the wifi service that was promised.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Uphototraveler
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Just returned from a trip to Lauderdale By The Sea and can't wait to go back. Definitely planning on staying at the Southern Seas again. The location is perfect. There is nothing better than walking out your door and being just steps to the ocean. And it's walking distance to Publix, restaurants, bars, shopping and the pier. The woman that works in the office and the cleaning staff are very nice too. Room #26 comfortably fit 3 women and the pullout sofa bed was more comfortable than expected.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends