Eastward Strand - Hotel & Suites
Castle by the Sea(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$116
Blue Strawberry by the Sea(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$129
Shore Haven Resort Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$102
Great Escape Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$111
Hotels.com
Best Florida Resort(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$96
Coral Key Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$218
Travelocity
Hotel Seacrest(Lauderdale by the Sea)(Great Value!)
US$123
Sea Cliff Resort(Lauderdale by the Sea)
TripAdvisor
Sea Lord Hotel & Suites(Lauderdale by the Sea)
TripAdvisor
Away Inn(Lauderdale by the Sea)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsanne marieenjoy your staywalk in closetdirectly across the streetliving roomfull kitchenvintagemotelstepsbeachfloridablock
Reviewed 18 June 2014

For the price, you really cant go wrong. Full kitchen, Wall-Mounted Flat screen TV, comfy beds are all plus. Minor downside is the bathrooms, which seem to be needing of an update, and the cable which isin't HD quality, like the internet. Pretty friendly atmosphere though. Close to everything you need.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank OVERSLEPT
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We've stayed in 4 different hotels around Fort Lauderdale, and this has been the best for us so far, by far. We stayed there for a full week in a nice apartment (Living Room+Bedroom) overlooking a pretty garden and the pool. We were concerned, because the price seemed under-average, but we were positively surprised. The apartments are super-spacious, uncluttered and not fluffy (a real issue in boutique-style hotels in Florida), with a huge TV a nice bonus. The hotel reminds me of what it might have been like in Florida in the 50's, the staff are relaxed and the whole place is very low-key. More motel-like, actually, if it weren't for the quiet street and the proximity to the beach. But beware, this is not a posh place, and people expecting luxury will surely be disappointed. -Exactly the reason we loved it. The location is absolutely perfect, with beach and restaurants right next door. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Only rooms around the pool or fountain.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mila C
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Roomy 1 bedroom, large tv, nice receptionist. Not particularly clean or well maintained inside or out. Pool too small for size of complex. No ice machine on premises. Electrical switches a mystery, some lighting and celing fan did not work. Plumbing antiquated.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank john a
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I decided we were going to head to Ft Lauderdale for 2 weeks in Feb and we searched and searched online for a clean, comfortable, low cost, place close to the ocean to stay. We read review after review and called and called many places. We had a hard time finding a place to stay due to the time of year. Everything was booked for either all or portions of the time frame we needed. We came across the Eastward Strand and looked at reviews and found some good and some bad just like anything. I called there and the woman on the phone told me that it was the best place in Lauderdale by the Sea, right on the beach, cleanest, most friendly and comfortable place. So, we booked it for 2 full weeks.

Well, let me tell you... when we got there and pulled up to park we looked at each other and just were shocked. I got out, went to the door to check in and nobody was there. So, rang bell, called the number on the door and waited. Finally a gal came, checked us in and brought us to our room. Walking to the room I was just shocked. Gross, dirty, dead plants, broken, rusty, ick!! The lightswitches were gross, the floor trim... the whole place. Even the community BBQ grill was covered in bird poop and the tools were filthy. The place is in serious need of major TLC!

And, I was told this was right on the beach. It was across the street from the beach. That isn't a big deal as it was not a far walk, but when you are told it is right on the beach.. come on!!

Got in the room and she waited for us to look it over. Well, we looked and I was not happy but we had nowhere else to go that night and had people waiting for us. So, we paid, dropped our stuff in the room and headed to the beach and dinner. Upon coming back we started to really look around. Floor, which in the picture is beautiful hard wood floor, was filthy dirty and very old and worn. The bathroom was gross!! I had to wash the sink just so I could wash my face for bed. The shower was full of filth and mold. The kitchen sink was gross, the stove looked as if it was never cleaned since new. The bed looked as though it was slept in. We had no choice but to sleep there that night and head out the next day to find a new place to stay. We found a great place down the way and went back to checkout. I told her why we were leaving and asked for a full refund. She said she couldn't and they had to charge us for the first night. I ended up calling a couple days later and talked to the manager and they did give a portion of that one night back.

I can't believe how a place like this can even be open. It was horrible. If you think this is a nice place then I hope you never invite me to your house because you must live like a pig.

This place needs to be inspected and needs to update their website.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Sheilarae71
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I don't really want to share this as we love it here. We come back twice a year because it suits us to the ground. It's not the most fanciest, poshest of places and yes, sometimes gets a little sandy or dusty in the apartments but it's a row back from the beach so we kinda expect that. There are a range of efficiency, and one bed apartments (not sure about 2 bed), some of the fixtures a little dated but generally clean and airey with air con. We usually rent a one bed apartment which has a small kitchen and a lounge area with comfortable modern sofas and huge TV! We had just a shower, toilet and basin in our bathroom. The bedroom has air con, a comfortable bed with walk in wardrobe which provides lots of stoarage/hanging space.
The beach is close as are a range of great bars, restaurants, cafes, sushi and shops. The A1A is right behind which provides great access but can sometimes be a little noisy.
I believe the owners are pet friendly as I have seen people with dogs here. On the downside, the building construction means that noise does travel between the apartments, but this has not been a major issue to us. There is a nice pool with a small patio area and a barbecue for patrons use. Parking is right outside the complex - you need a permit from reception.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple