“Well worth the price!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had the gyro combo plate as well as other plates of Greek traditions. The food was cooked well with accurate spicing and was not overpowering. The price and portion size were well in the ratio as it should be and well worth it. the service was fine although our red haired waitress seemed perturbed for some reason about something. The overall reaction from the four of us who went was that we would definitely be back. One of the better Greek restaurants I have been to recently and would highly recommend this establishment. As you can see from my other posts, I am very particular and write what I feel is appropriate for the derive and food offered. i am not a local, friend or any other person to "boost" the ratings as i have witnessed first hand here as we took to other restaurants "ratings" on their face and left with egg on ours as the food was so poor.

1  Thank Sebastiano S

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is the restaurant that had a band playing out front on the Saturday night. Lots of fun, great food.

1  Thank stickeq
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Athena By The Sea is by far my favorite Greek restaurant. Excellent food, drinks, service, and atmosphere. I always bring my friends here, especially when friends visit from out of town. We usually just get a bunch of different appetizers and meat platters and just share everything. That way we get a little taste of everything! Also, it's a great location by the beach. It's nice to take a walk on the pier after a great meal at Athena!

1  Thank BackpacksAndMiles
Reviewed 4 April 2014

It was a little pricey, but with it tasting so good, i was happy to pay. Ordered the Steak and Lobster dinner with sweet potatoes - fantastic. Wife and daughter loved their meals. The wait was long, but as I have said before, a longer wait typically means great food. people do not want to leave and more want in.

Live band the night we were there, real nice guys. My daughter requested 'You are my sunshine' and they played it for her.

I love Lauderdale by the Sea and this place embodies why I love it there so much. Great location: right on the beach with a deck (must sit outside), in the center of all the activity. Definitely recommended and will be going back!

1  Thank johnandtonya
Reviewed 29 March 2014

4 of us had dinner this evening at Athena. We had drinks, appetizers and main courses. My brother in law ordered a chicken kabob with rice. He ate a piece of chicken and some rice and said it had no flavor. Explained to the waitress that he really was not enjoying his meal as it had no flavor. She brought over salad dressing! He said he really didn't want salad dressing on his food and didn't want it. She took it away not asking if he would like something else. The rest of our meals we ok. When finished she asked if we wanted dessert and we didn't. Got the bill and the kabob was on the bill. We told the waitress that we should not be charged for something that was not eaten. She said you ate 3/4 of it and you have to pay for it! He had only ate 1 bite! Called over the manager and she said you have to pay for 1/2 of the kabob. WHAT?? ..What restaurant operates like this??.they finally took it off the bill after a much heated discussion.

1  Thank Getup n g o