We stayed in an oceanfront king room on the 5th floor and our view was fabulous. The room was a good size and was certainly decent enough. The bed was very comfortable although we found it odd that the tv was not easily viewed if one was trying to watch from bed. There was a loveseat in front of the tv if you wanted to sit, but we like to view the tv while relaxing in bed. A minor issue, but something that we noted.
For us to give a five star rating, we have certain expectations and these weren't all met. Little things can make all the difference in the level of service. I would probably give the hotel more of a 3.5 star rating realizing that improvements are being made, but that wasn't an option, so I give you a 4 because you're definitely more than a 3 - and the beach is spectacular, thus a higher rating.
The bathroom was certainly a letdown. The bathtub was anything but comfortable - I swear the kitchen sink was deeper! The towels, particularly the "bath" towels would have to be upgraded for sure! When we asked for extra towels they were provided promptly.
I did like the closet/dressing room area before entering the bathroom but the lighting was abysmal. Burned out light bulbs should be replaced with the next service to the room and both the dressing room and bathroom had burned out lights for our entire stay. I'm sure this would have been attended to had we asked, but things like this should be checked daily.
The kitchen area has obviously been upgraded and it's nice enough. We ate out so didn't cook, but it was nice to have a little kitchen. A tea kettle and teapot would have been appreciated, but I realize tea isn't popular everywhere. I truly believe dish soap should be provided.
The pool area was nice and we used it some of the time but we spent most of our time on the beach and in the water and it was fabulous. The beach is beautiful, the water was warm, the weather was hot and sunny - it had rained for a few days before we arrived and then was beautiful the entire time we stayed. We arrived on the 10th and left on the 16th and the weather was cloudy and windy when we left and made our departure a little easier!
Everyone was friendly enough most of the time, including the construction workers who were working on the fountain. Felt ignored a couple of times in the lobby area, but most of the time everyone we encountered was friendly and smiling.
Never did make it down early enough for the continental breakfast so can't comment on that. It looked like a nice breakfast - didn't see teapots there either! :)
The fellow that checked us in had told us about Aruba's and the Village Grill restaurants and we were happy he did! Both places had the best food, service and entertainment and we had great fun and many fabulous meals. Huge meals. We did an 18 night cruise and didn't gain any weight, then we disembark the ship and find these two restaurants and pack on the pounds! Meatloaf Monday at the Village Grill is highly recommended!!
The neighbourhood was very nice, easy to walk around, felt safe and comfortable. The entertainment in Aruba's was very good and we enjoyed a couple of bands very much. On the Friday night the Village Grill had a band playing outside their restaurant and it was great fun. Lots of people of all ages, vacationers, neighbourhood residents, everybody having a good time.
We had a fabulous vacation that ended in Lauderdale by the Sea and will definitely be back. We would probably stay at the Sea Lord again as it was a nice place, it just wasn't quite up to what we were expecting. Again, it was decent enough, just not five star....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Lord is located on South Florida's exclusive Gold Coast and provides spectacular views in a relaxing atmosphere. At the Sea Lord we pride ourselves on our friendly hospitality. Our dedicated management and staff are eager to make your holiday the most memorable ever. The good life is here. Visit us once and we are sure that you will be like our many guests who return again and again. Allow us to make Sea Lord your home away from home. We have 47 rooms including 27 suites and 8 different types of rooms to choose from. Continental Breakfast is included as well as parking, Wi-fi and beach towels.You'll enjoy dining and shopping just 10 minutes walking distance. The area is perfect for family vacation, romantic getaway or just your annual visit to Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and Ebookers so you can book your Sea Lord Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Lord Hotel And Suites
- Sea Lord Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Hotel Sea Lord
- Sea Lord Hotel & Suites Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida