“Will be back for sure!!!!”

Sea Lord Hotel & Suites
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

We came down for a long weekend to go to the dolphins game and this place was perfect! The room was nice, the staff were super friendly, the location was beautiful!!!! Free and plentiful parking, free wifi.... We will be back for sure! I can't say anything but positive things about this place!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank styxfanerin

Reviewed 18 September 2013

5 Star place, for a girl on a 3 Star budget. I almost hate to share, but this place deserves all the Kudos one could give. Oceanfront rooms/balconies are very well appointed, and very clean. Minimal charge for umbrella set up, and/or chairs are free. You can't get much closer to the beach. Pool sits in immediate beach area and carries through with the Tuscany tropical flare. They just finished a new bar/restaurant - beautiful, excellent, from service to quality. Free Continental breakfast and special order dining available. Small clean fitness area. No car needed for long weekend. Their Contract driver, Javier, who is just the greatest, will pick you up at FLL baggage claim and safely deliver to Heaven. You can walk 3 short blocks to the small entertainment area, shop, eat, drink and be merry. The entire staff, and I mean entire, let's you know, THEY ARE THERE FOR YOU. Can't wait to visit again. Thank you Sea Lord Staff, YOU ALL shine above the rest! N2OceanBlue (Stayed over Labor Day)

Room Tip: Oceanfront, always!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank NANCIKANSAS
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I have never stayed in LBTS, my family and I have always stayed in condos or further south near Port Everglades, but I was very happy with my trip to the Sea Lord! We were always welcomed warmly, the front desk staff were always greeting us with a smile, and the overall experience was magnificent!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 409 - there were views to the west (inland, towards the city) from the veranda, an...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pete S
Reviewed 19 August 2013

From the moment I arrived at the hotel, I felt like I was a part of the Sea Lord family. I came with a group of people, and it was our first time at this hotel. We absolutely love everything about our experience. For starters, the hotel is only 20 minutes away from Fort Lauderdale airport, so we didn't waste much time commuting. The staff was extremely welcoming. Everyone was very nice, and were truly happy to help us. The second we got out of our limo, we were immediately greeted, and our bags were taken to our rooms. As a person who is a clean freak, I admired the cleanliness of the entire hotel. No matter what time it was, someone was always at the front desk to assist us with any of our needs. Not only did they help us with all of our hotel needs but we truly made friends for life. We will never forget all of the kind things they did for us throughout the duration of our stay, and they did so with a smile on their faces.

Another great thing about this hotel is that it is right on the water. You don't have to walk far to get the ocean because it's right in the hotel's backyard. The water is absolutely breathtaking. It is very clear, and shallow for a good while, making safe for a lot of the children who wanted to play. The pool is also very nice and well kept.

Breakfast is served free every morning! The chef Mario is a pleasure to be around. He is extremely friendly and is an amazing chef who makes whatever you want upon request. I am not a morning person but he put a smile on my face every day. The food selection is great, and includes: bagels, toast, cereal, eggs, muffins, juice, coffee, etc... The area that breakfast is served overlooks the water. I also appreciated the blackboard that is updated everyday, that shows the date and weather of the current day.

This was my first time staying at Sea Lord, but it definitely wont be my last. My group is already planning when we can book our next vacation. We will miss the Sea Lord staff that made our experience so memorable. This truly was a home away from home, and we can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Sea side view is breathtaking!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank pek_med
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My husband, sister and I had a most enjoyable stay at the Sea Lord July 27th - August 3rd, 2013. Emile, his family and staff are the perfect hosts - so warm and friendly. I had fond memories of the Sea Lord from 20 years ago but coming back now under the new ownership, I've left with even better ones. The Sea Lord is now a lovely boutique hotel. Looks very upscale but yet you feel totally comfortable to be yourself and just enjoy. The premises are well maintained and beautifully landscaped. You are right on the water. Nothing separating you from the beach but the Sea Lord's own private pool. The apartment we stayed in was very tastefully decorated and had a full sized kitchen, dining area, living room with TV and bedroom with TV. We had a full width balcony from the living room along with wall to wall windows for uninterrupted views of the water and scenery. A smaller balcony off the bedroom also looked directly on to the water. At night we spent time on the balcony listening to the quiet lapping of the water and enjoying the gentle sea breeze. We absolutely love this place and whenever we return to Florida (from Canada), there is no other place we would rather stay at. Check it out. You won't be disappointed. We left the hotel with hugs and kisses from Emile and his sister - felt like we were leaving really good friends.
PS. The only regret we had was that we didn't take advantage of the lunches and dinners that we could have enjoyed in the dining room each day - hence the reason for the low rating (we did enjoy complimentary breakfast each morning though). Next time.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor - although lovely, I would stay on a higher floor next time. Just for the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gloria S
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Was very impressed with Sea Lord Hotel. First time visit. The staff was very friendly and courteous from booking the room to departure. They always were saying hello and checking to see if you needed anything. They seemed to always go out to exceed your expectations. The hotel felt like you were in a high class hotel. Loved the atmosphere. Certainly on my list of places to stay again.
Would suggest more liquor selection for the bar.

The chef was outstanding with preparation and selection of menu.

Room Tip: If the room price were the same and single beds on the ocean side, I would ask for that. Ours served...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank klbdiver
Reviewed 4 August 2013

As return guests in July 2013, we are always pleasantly surprised at how the Sea Lord has been transformed over the years. The property is truly beautiful and the gorgeous dining and reception area takes it to a completely new level. We stayed in Rm. 101 and really loved the cool breezes out on the patio under the palm trees in front of our room. The staff is always so accommodating and the chef's creations are superb. Perfect location and very clean. The complimentary breakfast is lovely, especially in the beautiful dining area. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Garden L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lauderdale by the Sea
Plunge Beach Hotel
#5 of 29 in Lauderdale by the Sea
Sea Cliff Resort
Sea Cliff Resort
#7 of 29 in Lauderdale by the Sea

Been to Sea Lord Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!