Let me first say we have been coming to the Sea Lord yearly for the past 10 years. We have always loved this property with its old charm flavor and excellent location. But this time we noticed many changes that Im forced to warn people about.
It seems to me the management is putting a lot of money and time into the common areas which are beautifully done, by the way. The pool and breakfast buffet very nice. But the Rooms are a disaster and thats where the money needs to be seriously put. We had one problem after another. First the previous occupants toiletries were still not removed from the bathroom upon our checking in and it looked like it hadnt been touched. The refrigerator ran lukewarm. There were no spoons in the kitchen but some were delivered prompltly upon reequest. The beds were very old and uncomfortable similiar to camp cots? I also found the bed linen cheap and questioned its cleanliness. And why does one bed completely block a dresser rendering it unusable? The rooms are sorely in need of a face lift. I cant say that enough. All the furniture is clearly very worn and circa 1960. The lamp in the bedroom flickered on and off. Towards the end of our trip the bathtub clogged up and water filled half way. My husband tried to see if something was jammed into it but nothing. We left it that way upon checkout. One day we found the maid's cleaning equipment in our room but NO service?
I do want to commend highly the front desk though. All our complaints were taken seriously and we could really tell they were trying very hard to remedy all the problems but quite frankly it just got ridiculous. We spent a lot of money to stay here for 2 weeks at a pricey 1 bedroom suite. Just simply not worth the money or hassle.
Sadly we will be taking our business down the street to the Costa del Sol next year to try them. It is with much sadness and fond former memories that we leave the Sea Lord.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Lord is located on South Florida's exclusive Gold Coast and provides spectacular views in a relaxing atmosphere. At the Sea Lord we pride ourselves on our friendly hospitality. Our dedicated management and staff are eager to make your holiday the most memorable ever. The good life is here. Visit us once and we are sure that you will be like our many guests who return again and again. Allow us to make Sea Lord your home away from home. We have 47 rooms including 27 suites and 8 different types of rooms to choose from. Continental Breakfast is included as well as parking, Wi-fi and beach towels.You'll enjoy dining and shopping just 10 minutes walking distance. The area is perfect for family vacation, romantic getaway or just your annual visit to Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Sea Lord Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Lord Hotel And Suites
- Sea Lord Hotel Lauderdale By The Sea
- Hotel Sea Lord
- Sea Lord Hotel & Suites Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida