“Still a piece of Heaven”

Sea Lord Hotel & Suites
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I'm a "repeat offender" of this Hotel - and still love it! I have seen some negative reviews, so I was curious to stay again, and glad I did. This is still a great Hotel with a very accommodating and attentive staff. A small staff, as usual, but efficient. I feel these people work very hard to cover a lot of ground. I had a very pleasant stay, and would not consider staying elsewhere in this immediate area. The rooms, pool, restaurant, and property in general are quite nice and clean. My only critiques would be to supply the rooms with a few more dishware items and a full size coffee pot. I think they could also "beautify" the exterior floor levels a bit, just to add continuity to that feeling of "classy" that this small Hotel imparts. See you again, soon, Sea Lord friends! Nanci

Room Tip: Oceanfront, always. Go big, or go home. ;)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank NANCIKANSAS

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My family stayed here for a few nights and it was a far cry from what we expected. We had stayed here before the remodel and while it is nice, it's trying to be something it's not. First off the staff is rude, you have to wait for everything. They want to charge for lounge chairs on the beach?! It's not the Ritz! Family that came to visit was told they couldn't come in because guests are not allowed on holiday weekends. Yes that's right no family can visit! Luckily the owner happened to pass by and ok'd it. Thanks guy. Rooms are nice. Customer service goes a long way and this crew has obviously never gone to a hospitality class EVER.

I don't think its worth the money. If you want a nice family place check out High Noon. Not that much further north and much more accommodating.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank expkcosta
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My family and I recently just stayed at The Sealord in one of their oceanfront suites with 2 balconies. The room itself was very nice and clean, and it has a flat screen TV in both the bedroom and living room area. The balconies had a great view of the ocean. The pool was always clean and it's fairly big so you have lots of room to swim and relax. But, there are a lot of bad things about this hotel. One, the pool deck. It is almost impossible to get a longue chair by the pool unless you go down at like 7 am to reserve one. That means you either have to sit at a table or go out and lay/sit on the beach. Before the remodeled there was an endless amount of longue chairs by the pool, now there's only 4. You can pay $5 for a longue chair to use on the beach, but I think that is ridiculous. They should be free, we already are paying for enough as it is. Another complaint I have concerning the pool is the guy who cleans it. He is a tall, bald man who never smiles or says much to anyone. He doesn't start the whole pool cleaning process until like 8:30am, which is when I usually wanted to use it. He also goes around the pool deck sweeping all around you, even under your chair when you are trying to relax. He just gave off a bad vibe. The next complaint I have is the breakfast. It is absolutely terrible. All you have to pick from is 2 cereal choices, 2 or 3 fruit choices, stale bagels, and cheap pastries. They also make you eat your food in the small dining area now, you aren't allowed to go to your room. A lady with shoulder length blonde hair is usually supervising the breakfast. One time she came over and poured coffee for me when I never even asked for it or even wanted it. So to be nice, I drank it. It sucked. It was bitter even with lots of cream and sugar added. I ended up only drinking two sips, which I think made her mad because every day since then she stopped saying good morning to me and just gave me an evil glare. It's not my fault your coffee sucks. My final complaint is the maid service. The first full day we were there, no maid came to our room. Since it was the first day it didn't really matter, but still. After that the maid would come, but at different times every day. She'd come at 9am, then the next day she wouldn't come til like 4pm. It made it hard to avoid her cause she ended up always coming in whenever we were in the room. The maids also don't knock if you don't have the do not disturb sign on. They walk right into your room, without any warning. We also never got clean sheets or pillow cases any of the days we were there, all the maid does is fluff your pillows, make your bed, and vaccum. You'll be lucky if she gives you more than 2 clean towels. Overall, the experience was just okay. The rooms are very expensive, but have great views. The pool is nice and gets a lot of sun. But the staff and service flat out sucks. The only nice staff member is the long brown haired girl who works at the front desk. She always says good morning and seems to be happy most of the time. Hope this review is helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank anonymoustravelgirl
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed with my Fiancé in a King deluxe room on the 5th floor with a partial ocean view. We decided to travel to Florida to get a break from the awful midwest winter this year. This was our first stay at the hotel and I could say that the hotel exceeded our expectations. The hotel is very clean and well kept. The lobby is absolutely beautiful; feels like someone's private home! Our room was small but sufficient and waking up with a side view of the ocean is an added bonus! The bed was very comfortable and we enjoyed having access to free Wi-Fi (we all know free Wi-Fi is unheard of these days). The staff was more than accommodating and friendly, especially the front desk. The location of this hotel is fantastic, directly on the beach, a couple of minutes away from the fun of LBTS and 15 or so minutes away from downtown Fort Lauderdale. Overall, we loved it and we'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dee A
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed for 3 nights for my wife's 30 year high school reunion and had a room on the beach. We originally had a standard room on the street side but it was a little small so we upgraded to a suite on the water. The suite was large with a full kitchen, sofa and large flat screen tv. Room was clean and quiet at night. Front desk staff while not overly friendly was adequate. The area around the Sea Lord is really revitalized since years ago with many great choices for food and drinks. Parking area is small but we always found a spot.

Room Tip: Get a waterfront suite
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Fldiver
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at the Sea Lord for a few days. Hotel's location is amazing, lobby and dining area are beautiful. Breakfast is a big disappointment, no selection what so ever, awful bagels and pastries. Rooms are clean as you would expect when you pay this much, but very out of date. Big bald night security guard speaks no English what so ever, rude and quite intimidating. He told us that we can use our beach chairs only until 5pm, which I think is outrageous since we payed for them and wanted to use them all day. we will never return to this hotel in LBTS, we will take our business somewhere else. I would not recommend this hotel. You can get a lot more for the same price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank brett h
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I'm staying right now in this hotel, and me and my wife have received a terrible attention from the night guardian. When I told him that we wll complain for his rudeness his answer was "COMPLAIN AS MUCH AS YOU WHANT". Then he had a threatening attitude, when I picked up the telephone to call reception, he mockingly show me he had the handset in his belt. Not happy with that, he startef to yeld me "WHERE ARE YOU FROM, BECAUSE THIS IS AMERICA".
Also the night receptionist was not very nice, seems they concern more about where thier guest are coming from, than give a good service.
By the way, I book ocean view room but with no explanation or apologies they gave me parking lot view room.

• Stayed: May 2014
11  Thank sergiotulum1968
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lauderdale by the Sea
Plunge Beach Hotel
#5 of 29 in Lauderdale by the Sea
Sea Cliff Resort
Sea Cliff Resort
#7 of 29 in Lauderdale by the Sea

Been to Sea Lord Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!