“Little Oasis”

Shore Haven Resort Inn
Reviewed 26 June 2013

A friend of mine has been staying here for years and recommended it and I am so glad he did. First of all the prices are a steal. It is just a couple of blocks off the beach and near plenty of food, beverages and cigars. The person who checked us in was efficient if not overly friendly. Pleasant enough however. The rooms were very clean, the beds very comfortable, and the courtyard around the pool off the rooms was this little oasis. You couldn't tell you were just off the street. They have grills (one family was at the pool using the grill...smelled so good) and barbecues around the grounds. They have nice chairs and tables situated all around so you can swim and sit and chat with friends or other travelers. While chatting with other guests most of them had been to this hotel several times and always had good experiences. I know we did and will be staying here anytime we come to the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank vernandcarm

Reviewed 26 May 2013

My husband and myself were looking for 1 day stay and we found this place at 7pm which for the price was ok. We were in the Jacuzzi until 9pm because the gentleman on the counter (old guy) told us that we could use the pool and Jacuzzi til 9pm, we followed the rules, however at 11pm we went out and saw people in the Jacuzzi, we felt discriminated. Next day we checked out at 11am as normal and we decided to stay on the pool thinking that was not a problem, then about 2 pm I wanted to go to the bathroom and there was not bathroom in the pool area so decided to go to the office and ask for a bathroom and he told me which room I was staying and I told him my room number then he followed me and went to the pool where my husband was waiting for me and asked us to leave because I checked out already.. I do understand that if I checked out I should have gone but then he threatened me telling me that when he comes back he does not want to see us here. Basically he threw us out like animals. BAD MANNERS with first time customers and was a really bad experience. Not fair specially paying 100 dollars for one night and not being able to enjoy anything and to sleep in beds very uncomfortable. WONT BE STAYING ANYMORE!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank carmen a
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here 1 night before our cruise. Location is very nice a 5 min walk to beach and fishing pier. The room was very old and run down but seemed clean! We were kinda upset because the cab ride from Hollywood air port cost us $40 one way and the hotel concierge told us it would be $20. Just for one night we would stay here again but probably not for an extended stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank meganstair
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I read many Trip Advisor reviews before I booked this resort for long weekend (4 nights), in mid April at $79/night!! What a FANTASTIC deal!!! Excellent location and accommodations for my friend and I for spring break!!
Location to beach: 150 yards
Downtown Launderdale by the Sea (restaurants&bars*/shopping/pier): 500 yards
Grocery store: 0.5 miles
Walk to water taxi: 1.5miles (def taking a taxi next time lol)
This could not have been a better place to stay...and for our budget!! We were assigned a room with two double beds, first floor, pool side! Wicked awesome! I was happy to see toaster/microwave/fridge! Fridge even had small space for freezer!!
The pool decent size but we only used one day and it is clean. Housekeeping was everyday (except Sun as on website), they provided fresh towels but not sheets. (I only note this cause some days you just can't get all the sand off in the shower, so you take the sand to bed with ya.) You probably can get new sheets upon request :-)
At checkin, there was one guy not so friendly but the rest of the trip we spoke with Arthur, who was so pleasant and helpful!!! They had complimentary water and coffee in the lobby for guests.
When I return to Lauderdale by the Sea, I will definitely be staying here again!!!
*101 Ocean, The Village Grille, Aruba

The resort advertises on their site: airport transportation to hotel (2-4 ppl for $40 one way), but we chose not to use him for our return. One Trip Advisor called him 'Mad Max', they were so right!! I will leave it at that, I would not recommend him. We used a taxi guy, Dauphin, we met during our stay who was super nice and friendly, it was only $28 from resort to FLL (tip not inc.).

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank TravelAways
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Love this place. Owners are great and rooms are very clean. Have been staying here for years. Only negative is that Chairs by pool need new pads. Pads are ripped and very worn. These really need updating. Rooms could use a fresh coat of paint also. Would not stop me from staying here, but just needs a little TLC especially chair pads.

Room Tip: For the price efficiencies are great
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michele P
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We had a GREAT 4 night stay at the Shore Haven Resort and will definitely be back! Our flight arrived late, so they put the key to our room under the mat for us! I hadn't even given them a credit card number yet. Amazing. The room was better than expected for $89/night. The walk-in closet was so large that we were able to move the baby crib into it to create a nursery for nap time! The room was spacious and the small kitchen had everything we needed. Sure, the place is old and it's age shows, but it was super clean and comfy. The grounds surrounding the pool area were wonderful. We enjoyed the pool area as much as the beach!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sheryl N
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed 4 days before maimi cruise. Lauderdale by the sea is small little town north of Flauderdale A few good bars and restaurants by the sea and pier.
It's small and low rise, the beach was ok but its not good for swimming because of rip tides, shore haven has 2 small pools and is walking distance from the beach and bars. Its about 30/45 mins drive to maimi or you can drive down the coastal route to south beach but this will take longer. Enjoyed the stay

• Stayed: November 2012