“Far from a great Swiss bakery!”
Review of Andre's Swiss Bakery - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Andre's Swiss Bakery
Indiana
“Far from a great Swiss bakery!”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I made a point of going here based on the reviews in Trip Advisor. Boy, did I have a different experience! When we walked in the shop all you could smell was cigarette smoke. Not the smell of freshly baked cakes and breads! We purchased a couple pieces of a delicious looking pastry (sorry I can't remember the name). I saved it for my desert that evening. Dreaming of the delicious taste of chocolate, whipped cream and cake. Well, what I received was far from delicious! It was stale and dry. I took two bites - not believing the first bite could have been as bad as what I had just tasted. But alas, the 2nd bite was even worse than the first! I threw away the planned indulgence and hoped that the loaf of bread that we had purchased would be better. AGAIN, the loaf of french bread was stale. We salvage it by making a bread salad for lunch the next day. Save your money and go to the Publix down the street.

Visited April 2012

Braintree, Massachusetts
“great croissants”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

good pastries friendly staff. Good location, right off Commersil and one block from A1A

Visited February 2012
Clarence, New York
“Fabulously good bakery”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This is a family run bakery not far from the LBTS seaside
'strip." It has only a couple of tables, so take out is probably the best option. They bake breads, breakfast items and desserts that are remarkably consistent in their excellence.

• Visited March 2012
Stuttgart, Germany
“Small bakery - and smell good”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I like the place, small and good breakfast... with really swiss-german sweets, cakes, bread. I like it, and price not expensive compared to others. Quality worth to go there.. I get homesick when I see the pictures there from swiss mountains..

Visited January 2012