“Absolutely delicious!”
Review of Misky Peruvian Cuisine - CLOSED

Misky Peruvian Cuisine
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Let me start by saying that we are not 'gourmet' or 'foodies'. We do, however, enjoy delicious meals and this place serves our favorites at a very reasonable price. I couldn't tell you if the food is authentic Peruvian or not and, frankly, I don't care. Delicious is delicious - period.
The empanadas are stuffed with beef or chicken and the tamale (served with generous pieces of chicarone) was perfect. Both are served with 2 dipping sauces - one spicy, one not.
When we go we usually change up on the appetizers but always end up sharing the Ceviche Mixto (entree portion) and we leave comfortably satisfied and planning the next visit.
Bottom line: Delicious meal, comfortable atmosphere at an affordable price - an easy 5 stars from this couple of weekend warrios.

1  Thank Mike P

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I was expecting really authentic food and I thought the food was a actually a bit average. I got the Jalea Misky which was a combination of fried mussels, fish, shrimp and octopus. It was actually pretty tasty but nothing I'd order again, it seemed kind of like bar food. There didn't appear to be enough dipping sauce and the food was a little too dry. The cool thing about the menu was the Peruvican beer called Cosquena, this was delicious. Overall I did think the prices were a little expensive for what you got, like my meal didn't come with any bread or anything (just peanuts...). They also served these pastries at the front desk which were tasty but $3 each, they were only the size of a cookie. I thought that was a little high. The service was a little slow too, only three tables were occupied but the food did take a bit long to come out.

1  Thank threelittlefish856
Reviewed 20 February 2014

A Peruvian acquaintance of ours told us about Misky, so we tried it; otherwise. frankly, we might have continued to pass by it as we have done many times before. We expected it to be a local, 'greasy spoon' type restaurant and were very pleasantly surprised at how good the food was, how lovely and tastefullydone the décor was, and how nice the service was. We shared a delicious appetizer of Tamal Criollo con Chicharron, a tamale stuffed with chicken and pork chunks, and ordered the Pechuga de Pollo a la Plancha (grilled chicken marinated in Peruvian spices) and Pollo al Ajo con Camarones (grilled chicken topped with shrimp). Both dishes, of more than ample size, were accompanied with white rice and plantains, and were absolutely wonderful. We ended up taking home half of each, and reluctantly didn't have room for dessert. This place is a definite keeper and we hope that it is a great success because it deserves to be.

2  Thank ItalyLovers4Ever_10
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has food better than many of the highly rated restaurants in Peru. Delicious, individually prepared to taste and authentic....great cebiche and the best aji de gallina. Yummy empanadas. This restaurant is off the beaten track in a strip mall .....go! Go! Go! To have wonderful food and to support this excellent restaurant.

1  Thank Bcereus
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

As a peruvian I can say that this is the worst restaurant ever. The food is terrible. We tried the tallatines verdes and I can tell you that it was bad. The same with the ceviche. The service was bad! The waitress tried to be so smart that tried to tell me how to discipline my 2 yr old! Wth!! Obviously not going back.....