“Good value, nice selection!”
Review of Koizumi Japanese Buffet - CLOSED

Koizumi Japanese Buffet
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Clean place. Reasonable selection, considering price. Staff very pleasant. If you are looking for a fancy dining experience, this is not the place for you! But if you're looking for good sushi at a reasonable price, then this is it! Also a reasonable selection of other foods (hit and cold ).

Grean tea and red bean Ice cream were not as tasty as we were expecting (as customers leaving as we entered were raving about how good the ice cream was) will try something different for dessert next time.

Will definitely be back!

1  Thank bahagals

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

I have been to this buffet a few times since its really close to where I live. Not expensive average buffet and is usually busy.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Nice Buffet been there a few times now. I ate lots of sushi, there is a variety of fresh sushi and sashimi, well presented and prepared. I also liked the Mi-so and Egg Drop soups. There were not enough selections but all in all I liked the place, staff and food. I will go again for lunch. Koizumi Japanese Buffet use to be Makino Japanese Buffet, I hear they were nice for a while too...

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I found this place on a drive to find new places to eat. I travel to the area 2 weeks per month on business and being forced to eat out, I crave variety! I regularly visit Shinju and decided to give this place a try for a change of pace.

For starters, it is much smaller in selection compared to the big places. On the other hand, the price is significantly less as well. Knowing I primarily go for Hibatchi, this is fine with me. The hibatchi was good offering squid which was a nice change. The real taste bud treat was the pre-cooked steak item in a tangy sauce (might have said Korean Steak). It was outstanding!

On the buffet, I had some corn fritter things that were pretty yummy. Leading the charge for me were the very cold, fresh and HUGE raw oysters available. I definitely ate my admission price in them!

Service is also very good. My plates never sat on the table and my drink was always full. I will return for the price alone and the quality of the food that was there. Give this one a try!

Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

A little bit upset here realizing that the salmon and pork must have been from Makino's freezer and the two were cooked and tasted bad. I am not impressed with a $10 lunch if you want to serve something spoiled to me. I had the brown rice and white rice Calif rolls and though tasted okay, very little surimi in them.
For my money Su- Jin locations in Coral Springs and Davie FL are superior choices and they do charge more but you get the best deal being fresh food.