“Reliable Seafood + Fun Family atmosphere.”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #21 of 91 Restaurants in Lauderhill
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
“Reliable Seafood + Fun Family atmosphere.”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

If some one in your family loves snow crablegs....one of Joe's bucket boils will make them very happy. Clam chowder and fried seafood also above average. Loud and boisterous atmosphere. ...good service. Often a 20-40 minutes wait on Friday Sat etc...but place is huge and waiting area is provided. MY kids love to play I Spy once we are seated.

• Visited November 2012

Lisbon, Portugal
“It's a amazing crab "festival"”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

LOVE IT! The decoration it's fabulous, the food taste wonderful. Next time at Miami I have to go back definitely. The napkin around us it's the most funny thing about it.

• Visited January 2013
Ft. Lauderdale
“Sadly, Won't be coming back.”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

We shared two steam pots between three ladies and they were less than average. I had eaten steam pots before, about two years ago and it was more than enough for two people, this time two steam pots barely had any food (seriously we though we were going to have a ton leftover) 1/2 lbs of shrimp? Where? We had 4 pieces of shrimp, seriously......four. The drinks were good and our server was great. The calamari appetizer was ok, nothing special.

I'll stick to Rustic Inn as my future seafood restaurant. Joe's disappointed me, I won't be coming back.

• Visited August 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Dirty”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I will say this-the Pasta-laya was excellent and they didn't skimp on the shrimp and sausage. I will crave this dish for sure but wouldnt get it from the Lauderhill location. It looked and felt incredibly dirty in there. Our server was alright, not at all enthusiastic about being there.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank lymac7
Miami, Florida
“Best Birthday Experience!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We were a party of 6, celebrating a birthday. Our experience was amazing! The decor is rustic and very casual - the atmosphere is friendly, loud and lively - periodic musical interaction with the guests is FUN and really enhances the experience!!

On your table, you will find a roll of paper towel, a bucket of utensils, condiments, a large sunken empty bucket for trash, shells, etc. Before your meal, the Server will put a bib on you. If you're as messy as I am, you'll feel like you need a shower afterwards :-D

Our party ordered hush puppies and buckets of crawfish as appetizers - the crawfish were spicy, juicy, and delicious............the hush puppies were also delicious and were served with a dipping sauce.

We ordered steampots that you select based on the seafood that that you want, and the seasonings that you want. I selected the Arctic because I wanted a lobster. So my steampot came with a whole lobster, a cluster of crab legs, shrimps, sausage, potato, and corn on the cob. It was seasoned with Old Bay and garlic. My "pot" was about $29. Another family member chose a pot with mussels, clams, shrimps, etc. My daughter ordered popcorn shrimps with fries and she said it was delicious - her meal was about $10. Wet wipes will be given to you at the end of your meal.

WARNING: The desserts portions are extremely large so for example, the Chocolate Cake can easily share for 3 people, as can the Key Lime Pie!!

Some items were a little bit on the pricey side, but when you factor in the experience we had, it was well worth it for a special occasion. They also sell T-shirts, and souvenirs by the front door. We had the best time, and I am already planning on returning!!!

• Visited July 2013