“Just ok, might try again”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack - CLOSED

Joe's Crab Shack
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Came here for the first time with a few friends who been here before. We got here about 40 minutes before they closed and their was no hostess. We stood there and waited for 15 minutes before a waiter noticed us and sat us down after cleaning the table and leaving it wet still. I had to grab napkins and dry it ourselves. I ordered the coconut shrimp with fries and many of the shrimp were stuck together in twos. When I pulled them apart, the middle was not cooked all the way and the breading was soggy. Shows how much they care about how they cook their food. Was not impressed either, I've had better coconut shrimp at non-seafood places and bars. Our server was excellent though, she went above and beyond. I'm willing to give this place another shot.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This place isn't all that great other than on Twosdays when they have $2 Hurricanes and appetizers (which are very small by the way).

The other plus are the Steampots, which actually have seasoning (not just that salty water taste) and are a lot more affordable than most other seafood places.

The decor is seriously lacking, its not the cleanest, the food is pretty subpar, and the service needs much improvement but if you like seafood and are looking for a deal (maybe at a cost), it is surely way better than Red Lobster (not that is saying much).

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Saturday March 29. This used to be one of our favorite go to places for a family birthday. Not any more! I called to make a reservation and I got some snippy little witch that said "We don't take reservations only a call ahead seating 30 minutes prior to arrival." So I said " okay , well it is 31 minutes before we want to arrive, so it is a party of 11 for 5PM, and our party consists of 3 babies so you probably should put us away from the general area so we do not interfere with other guests". And she replies," well it isn't like we are going to set you up now, you just come in and you can pick your seat then."

My son and law and his wife got there first with their 4 kids and were seated in the main dining room in the back by the wait area drink station. They just pulled together a bunch of tables in a row. We arrived next with the rest of the group. Service was SLOW, SLOWER and Slowest. The babies got tired of sitting, snacking and coloring. The food came out piece meal. Great to have a huge crab pot in front of you and no butter after you ask for multiple times and then you get 5 containers for this large group. Then my son in law doesn't even get his meal until most everyone else is done, and by that time the Moms had to take the babies out of the restaurant because they refused to sit still and be quiet. So no desert for us, no nice relaxing early Saturday dinner, and no singing Happy Birthday to the two adults who were having one. Oh and did I mention that the table that they sat us at was right under an AC duct that was constantly dripping water on the table? Did we see a Manager? No. All we saw was this poor waiter who was trying to do the best he could. At least we tipped him good for trying.

One of my grandkids wanted a replacement tee shirt because hers had gotten ruined, after that dinner she simply said, "Nana, forget out it". Yes, my sentiments exactly!.

1  Thank Donna M
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is, without question, the dirtiest restaurant I have ever seen. There are stains from something running down the walls that look like they have been there for years!! I tried to talk to management about it but they don't seem to care.

Food was average and overpriced. Server ignored me after she brought the food. Tried and tried to get her attention for a drink refill, but she pretended to not notice as she walked around, trying to look busy in a near empty restaurant.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Their food is just ok and so is the service. If you want something more than fast food then this is for you.