“Visiting Homosassa area”

Holiday Inn Express Inverness
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lecanto
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was our first stay at this location. The room was very clean, spacious. Everything was orderly and in it's place. We had a queen suite and it was quite comfortable.
If, I might add we were in room 121, we found the beds to be a bit stiff and not as plush as they looked. The a/c worked great not a drop of highway noise.
The hotel breakfast was very good..no skimping there.
This property is in a very good location for the area. Yes, I would stay again.
Front desk staff very helpful and friendly. They do recognize you as a reward member!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Inverness-Lecanto! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us including your spacious, sparkling clean room. Our goal is provide exceptional service and sparkling clean rooms to each of our guests! I am happy to hear that we hit the mark with you. As you mentioned, our Two Queen Suites rooms offer a separate sitting area with sofa sleeper, a wet bar area and are much roomier than our standard rooms. They're a great option for those wanting more space or traveling with a larger group. Thank you again for the excellent review! We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in our area.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I didn't expect much from a Holiday Inn but I was suprised to stay in a room that was neat comfortable and spacious....well I did have a king suite. I took this room because I expected the rooms to be average at best and I thought this room choice would afford me more comfort. I confess that I was surprised by the size and comfort of the room furnishings and the bed. Good Job.
Two negatives 1. the toilet handle feel of in the wee hours of the morning not cool when you have to take a comfort break. and 2. the breakfast options/quality were a bit underwhelming. I didn't expect much and the breafast options didn't disappoint me. I skipped breakfast for the rest of my stay.
positive. The hotel has friendly/helpful staff.

Room Tip: choose a suite its more comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you, Stuart, for a wonderful review of our Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Inverness-Lecanto! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the spaciousness of your King Suite and the cleanliness of your room. Our King Suites have an added sitting area with a pull-out sleeper sofa and a wet bar area. They do give you a bit more room to move! I apologize that you were inconvenienced with a broken toilet lever. All of our staff members are trained to replace them; however, I understand it isn't convenient for a staff member to attend to this during the wee hours of the morning. I trust we replaced the lever in a timely manner the next morning. As for our breakfast offerings, they are the Holiday Inn Express brand standard offerings of eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, made to order pancakes, fresh fruit, cinnamon rolls and all the continental items as well. We encourage you to email us with your suggestions. While we are limited by the brand, there are certain changes we can make. Our email address is holidayinninverness@hdghotels.com. Please feel free to contact us with suggestions. Feedback from our guests is critical in improving upon our service and product. Only YOU can help us to improve! We thank you so much for taking the time to review us. Please keep us in mind if you're in our Inverness-Lecanto area again in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel was both quiet and very, very clean with specially treated bed linens! Hot breakfasts were fantastic and boxes to take cinnamon rolls with you for snacking were lovely(but not, I suspect, on Weight Watcher's diet!)

Best of all were the staff. Cheerful, helpful and just plain nice.

Just wonderful!

Room Tip: You can't really go wrong here. Everything is new and quite lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you kindly for the excellent review of our hotel the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Inverness-Lecanto! We always enjoy reading wonderful reviews from our appreciative guests. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hot breakfast and to-go boxes for our ooey, gooey cinnamon rolls. They are truly delicious! As you mentioned, our staff is truly what sets apart. We strive to go above and beyond for each and every guest we have the pleasure of serving. We hope you were able to enjoy some of our areas natural attractions such as Three Sisters Spring, Homosassa Springs and the Rainbow River. We have so much to see here in our area. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel, the rooms were larger than expected, and everyone was very friendly, we really enjoyed the free breakfast in the morning, Dentiny worked in the dinning room, she was exceptional. She helped us figure out what to do for the day, gave us the colorful brochures to give us choices on what to do. She was very helpful and attentive at breakfast, very friendly and always a smile on her face. She stood out in a crowd..

Room Tip: the rooms were all nice, the north ones faced the back, it was a nice view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Inverness-Lecanto! There is no greater compliment for us. I am pleased to hear that Destiny provided exceptional customer service to you. Our staff truly is what sets us apart here at our hotel. We strive to go above and beyond for you! As you mention in your review, we are a Green Engage hotel. We make great efforts to conserve, reduce and reuse in every way we can! Thank you for taking the time to let others know how wonderfully we are doing here. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I am very impressed with this hotel. I travel a lot throughout the year to various places around the world and stay in 4&5 star hotels. I can honestly say that this hotel is equal, if not better than most hotels I stay in. I had a Double queen size room and it was absolutely spotless. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The hotel has DirecTV and you get about 150 or so channels. The bathroom is good sized and contained Bath and Body Works shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. The breakfast is better than average for what you would expect for free. The breakfast attendant was absolutely delightful and even came around to refill coffee and take plates away. The pool is adequate for 20 people or so and is either brand new or just maintained at a level to make it appear that way. All staff were friendly and very accommodating to any needs I had. Overall, I am highly impressed with this hotel from top to bottom!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you kindly for the wonderful review of our Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Inverness-Lecanto! I am very pleased that you had an excellent stay with us. We strive to provide an exceptional stay experience for each guest we have the pleasure of serving. As you mentioned, we have DirecTV with premium channels, Bath & Body Works toiletries, a delicious breakfast each morning and overall excellent customer service. Please do keep us in mind next time you're in the area. I hope you were able to enjoy some of our area while you were here. Citrus County is home to a celebrity, the Florida Manatee. They're plentiful during colder weather and inhabit Three Sisters Springs, the Crystal River and the Homosassa River. If you haven't swam with them, I would highly recommend it! Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The room was clean the breakfast was terrific and the people couldn't have been nicer. An exceptional hotel experience. Destiny the server at breakfast went over and above to insure our meal was tops.

Room Tip: North side rooms are away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for the excellent review of our Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Inverness-Lecanto! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. As you mentioned, we have a wonderful staff and our mission is to go above and beyond for each guest we have the pleasure of hosting. We hope that you were able to enjoy some of our local area attractions such as Homosassa Springs Wildlife Park and Three Sisters Springs. Please do visit us again soon. Thank you for letting others know about our hotel.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Service and cleanliness were excellent. Very comfortable bed. Wonderful breakfast bar complete with so many tasty food choices. They had no problem with our little dachshund staying in the room with us. Truly enjoyable experience with friendly and helpful people.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you, Barbara, for a wonderful review of our award-winning Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Inverness-Lecanto! I am pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay experience with us. We pride ourselves on our sparkling clean guest rooms and our exceptionally friendly staff who go above and beyond! As you mentioned, we are pet friendly and enjoy have our furry friends stay with us. We do have PURE Hypo-allergenic rooms available for those requiring a non-pet room. They're a great option for those with allergies or asthma. We try to think of everything for everyone! Please do visit us again soon. Thanks for taking the time to review us here so other travelers know how great we are doing!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lecanto
Quality Inn Conference Center Citrus Hills
Quality Inn Crystal River
Quality Inn Crystal River
#7 of 9 in Crystal River
Comfort Suites near Rainbow Springs

Been to Holiday Inn Express Inverness? Share your experiences!