“Underconstruction”
Review of Sleep Inn Leesburg

Sleep Inn Leesburg
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Stayed at this Sleep Inn on our way to see friends in Florida. We had stayed here before and it was fine, but this time it was not so good. We wondered if it was going out of business. No lights in the parking lot; few people staying there, and minimum selection at breakfast. The front desk explained that the hotel was preparing to undergo renovation and will remain open during reconstruction. The entrance is hard to find due to road construction in front of the building. I suggest waiting a year to stay there. Price was great though!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn Leesburg

Reviewed 24 October 2012

The outside area of the hotel needed to be kept up with. The grass was long, weeds everywhere. The parking lot was dirty. The pool area was nasty, weeds growing out of the pool. All the outside chairs are broke and dirty. The parking lot is also not lit very well. The breakfast bar had no fruit, only two cerals and a blueberry muffin. The cereal was all dried out and not fresh. The lobby bathrooms were dirty and the mens were out of order. I stayed 2 nights and the sign was up do not disturb, yet they still came in my room and took all the towels and even made my bed with makeup and clothes in it. I went to front and they just apologized. The microwave was not available in room like it says online. The refrigator was hot and didnt have a setting for temperature. I could go on and on. This place was a mess. I was mostly construction workers that stayed there and I felt uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend this place!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We got a great rate on this hotel through priceline - $35 a night plus tax. I think it was well worth it. Room was clean, bedding was clean, front desk was friendly. It was certainly dated, but that doesn't bother me. Reminded me of some of the older cruise ships. Breakfast was good - danishes, waffles, bagels. I wish there was more whole wheat options. I would recommend this for someone staying one or two nights in the area. The breakfast area was small, as others mentioned. Maybe go early or plan to eat in your room.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We stayed in this hotel for our family reunion and were extremely dissatisfied. The hotel was very dirty, and there were major plumbing issues. The water coming out of the faucets was yellow. My mother-in-law's room had a filthy toilet seat, and she had to call and get someone to come clean it. Many family members were very unhappy with their rooms, but the management didn't even care. The management refused to give anyone their money back for the 2nd night so they could go stay somewhere else. They claimed that the family got a special rate for a 2 night minimum, but that was a lie!! I went online the day of the reunion to check the rates, and we were all paying $6 - $8 MORE a night than what the online rate was!! I wouldn't even recommend this hotel to a homeless person! If you have the option to sleep at this hotel or in your car....choose your car!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Went up for weekend motorcycle event. Rates jacked up for event. Hotel not very clean: dust, dirty grout, dead bugs, live bugs. Maid service came in room even after leaving sign that said do not disturb. One towel for two bedroom room, no shower soap. One bar at sink area. Complained about room AC upon check in. I don't think it was ever looked at. Not cooling properly, noisy unit. Staff overall was friendly. Breakfast area: Not sure how old cereal was but it never got soft in milk. Eat at Denny's next door or alternate location. Security questionable, even though parking lot lit had saddle bag stolen off motorcycle (took my good condition one and left poor condition) and diesel fuel siphoned out of truck. I would like to say on Sleep Inn's corporate behave that I have stayed at quite a few and this location is the first and only one that I have ever had an issue with. Not sure if it is privately owned or not. This is one location I would never return to.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We visited here as an overnight stop on the way to Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise not too long ago. The room itself was ok for the most part, my biggest peeve was the internet. At the time we were staying in the half of the hotel that didn't have wi-fi which I thought was ridiculous...they give you some outdated hookup cable to plug into the wall and even that didn't work. So I say if you're looking for an affordable one night stay, then by all means stay here,

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Stayed here for two days in February, 2012. The room was adequate; beds were comfortable, and everything was clean. Front desk was helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was pretty meager and the breakfast area was WAY too small for the number of guests trying to eat breakfast. We got an exellent rate on the internet so it was fine.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jkw99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora
Best Western Plus Chain Of Lakes Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Leesburg - Tavares
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages
Comfort Suites The Villages

Been to Sleep Inn Leesburg? Share your experiences!