“Dirty, moldy hotel with grumpy service.”
Review of Sleep Inn Leesburg

Sleep Inn Leesburg
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Firstly, we were not warned that the hotel was under major renovations. There were boxes all over the lobby. The clerk seemed disinterested at check in. When we stepped off the elevator and into our room it smelled of cigarettes. While the furniture was new, the bedding and floor were dirty and stained. The shower had mold all along the bottom. When we went back downstairs to get more towels (there were only 2 for the 4 of us) my friend was practically interrogated as to what we were going to do with them. The next morning I awoke to clogged up sinuses. As we were headed to the elevator I look up and see an air vent COVERED in mold. There was mold on the ceiling. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed 9 January 2013

I have very bad allergys told manager and front desk that.
I was told my floor was clean and would not have ant trouble Wrong the first got very sick
had to go to lessburg regional the doctor said it was the allergns and exstreamly dirty
condions cause me my attack .
he wrote the manager a percripition asking to let me move and refund my 900
for the month what a mistake i made he said NO refund but you can move out
as sick as I am and cannot afford to lose that money i am forced to stay as sick as I am
dont belive there notice they weill make it right if no happy.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2013

This hotel gave me the worst cumulative hotel experience I think I've ever had.
This Hotel was booked via priceline. We received a 45$ rate but found the hotel is "renovation mode". No amenities that were advertised were available, there were prank calls early in the morning coming in on our room phone, the hallways were full of epoxy and paint fumes, and the fire alarm was set off by the renovation crews. We asked to check out and have our unused reservation be refunded back to us, the manager refused to reimburse us the 200$. There is emergency vehicle traffic at all hours of the day and night and the traffic is horrendous around the hotel. I would not recommend this location to anyone. The manager is dishonest and is running a very shoddy business.

Room Tip: Rooms are full of mold, refrigerators freeze the contents, the shower does not get hot. Watch out f...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tommykwikstep
Reviewed 5 January 2013

We stay here a year ago and the place was nice. In one year it has slid down hill. The motel is being renovated. The lobby is torn up for paint and new floors, but that is understandable. A little inconvience is not bad, but. We were in a room with 2 queen beds, but only 2 towels. When I asked for additional towels, I was asked if my towels were clean and told that the motel was out of towels. Each bed had only 2 pillows. The hallways stank like a litter box. There was no fruit on the breakfast bar. When a guest suggested to the desk clerk that fresh fruit would be nice, the clerk replyed that there was no fruit due to the renovations. We found 2 razor blades lying on the steps in the lobby, where a child could have picked them up. The room was reasonably clean, only a little mold in the bath.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beth B
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Overnight stay while visiting the area. Will give this hotel a second opportunity once the renovations are complete. First and second floors were being renovated during our stay, with the upper levels still to be done. Driving into the parking lot is a trial especially with the heavy road construction going on.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2012

This place is currently undergoing renovations so I will give them a little credit for that. I booked this particular stay because it was a SLEEP INN. I have been to much nicer sleep inns than this ! Very rundown, no laundry facilities as stated. Not the cleanest place. I will pass by this next time.The other thing was that we had the do not disturb sign on the door and they were knocking at 9 am to get into our room. RUDE

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Stayed at this Sleep Inn on our way to see friends in Florida. We had stayed here before and it was fine, but this time it was not so good. We wondered if it was going out of business. No lights in the parking lot; few people staying there, and minimum selection at breakfast. The front desk explained that the hotel was preparing to undergo renovation and will remain open during reconstruction. The entrance is hard to find due to road construction in front of the building. I suggest waiting a year to stay there. Price was great though!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leesburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora
Best Western Plus Chain Of Lakes Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Leesburg - Tavares
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lady Lake/The Villages
Comfort Suites The Villages
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares

Been to Sleep Inn Leesburg? Share your experiences!