“DO NOT STAY HERE PICTURES ON SITE ARE FAKE”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Sleep Inn Leesburg

Sleep Inn Leesburg
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Leesburg
Miami, Florida
“DO NOT STAY HERE PICTURES ON SITE ARE FAKE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

This place is awful. We were shcoked when we got their and saw the place.It's being renovated and everything is torn apart rugs dirty, walls are not painted elavator dirty, hallyways smell awful. Go somewhere else and make sure you don't book on line. They will charge your card and not want to give you money back. Chinese man at front desk rood and is the biggest scammer.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank elizabeth t

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Wedowee, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

breakfast almost nonexistent no low carb foods at all. coffee awful..Hallway dirty.No newspapers.bathroom shower door off hinge water leaked from shower. room dirty.wouldnt stay here again room had discount with Denny,s nxt door but wasnt told about it so we didnt get the discount. We stay in Choice rooms across the nation and have never had one this bad.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank george w
Summerfield, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

This used to be a clean, economical place to stay. NO MORE. We stayed here last November and were told things would soon improve as it was being renovated. The front desk still uses that excuse. There were building materials all over and the elevator floor was filthy. The bed in our room was clean and the floor had been vacuumed, but the shower was not clean and the room corners were not clean. We laughed when we saw the towel rack in the bathroom; it was installed at a 15% angle, and you could not open the drawer on the "new" bedside table because it didn't fit between the bed and the wall! The young man at the front desk tried to be accomodating, but this place was beyond help. The swimming pool was not very clean either. Don't stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jkw99
Canton, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

I stayed in this motel 2 nights this past weekend, as I was a vendor at the Mt Dora Arts Festival. I was aware of the bad reviews, but thought I'd chance it. My main concern is not necessarily the renovation process (I was in room 300, and it had been completed), but the lack of interest on the part of the staff. I checked in late at night, and there was a dimly lit foyer with registration desk.....construction material all over the place. I was expecting THAT. There was a younger female who checked me in, and while she was doing that, she was talking to a gentleman who appeared to be a "regular" there.....possibly he was from out of town, and worked in the area, but they seemed to be familiar with each other. He was a very nice gentleman, and he and I chatted for quite some time while she got me checked in. When she had completed the process, she gave me the envelope with the room key cards, and said in a normal tone of voice "You are in Room 300." I could not believe it....especially since the man was standing as close as to almost touch elbows with me. THIS COULD HAVE BEEN A VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION. Thankfully the man was nice and had no ill intentions, but this young lady needs to be instructed on how to properly handle this. I am a former State Trooper, and I can tell you that it was wrong in ALL respects! Being female, and traveling by myself, this really was a wake up call to me. Instead of going immediately to my room, I went out to pick up a few things and to then to dinner.....and made sure the door was locked with both locks. The room had been renovated, so I had no issue there......but for some reason, they only give you 1 bar of soap....I had to keep taking it from the shower to the sink. The room was cleaned, but no more towels or bathmat were provided.....I just bit the bullet instead of asking for more soap and towels, because it was clear that managment just didn't CARE. I would not stay at this motel again mainly for the lack of concern on the staff.....I never really felt unsafe, but the potential was there.....this manager needs to consider WHY all of these bad reviews are being made and make some effort to bring this motel up to normal Sleep Inn standards......

Another note.....if you are going to try to find this motel by using the Citrus Blvd address, FORGET IT. The motel is on 14th Street, and that's the only way you're going to find it on GPS. I tried to explain that to the registration clerk, and she was aware of it....but made no apology, or to even say that it was being looked in to. BAD BUSINESS....just BAD BUSINESS.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Palatka, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Along with all of the other bad reviews below, our baseball team consisting of 12 and 13 year olds were exposed to quite concerning sights. What appeared to me to be prostitutes in the elevator dressed only in bras and panties with a jacket. Yes you heard it right. There were young men coming in and renting rooms by the hour. Never will I stay here again! The conditions were also awful! I asked for a wake up call and never got it. All of the laundry facilities that they claimed to have were not working. I was told that there was a 24 hour laundry mat two blocks down the street. This was at 10:30 at night mind you when our games had finished. No way should that have ever been suggested!!! I should have done more research!!!!! So I wrote this review so others with children do not experience the same thing.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kimberly R
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

The worst place anyone can stay. Toilet broken, stains on the sheets, sink broken, no light in the bathroom, dirt in the shower and very soiled carpet. Manager and staff are very ignorant and disrespectful.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank MichaelAnthony111
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

This hotel must be at the very bottom of the Sleep Inn organization. Would not recommend. Smoke alarm had to be disconnected to prevent beeping and upon trying to replace the battery the unit fell off wall, sparks flew and fuse blew.. Wires were separated to prevent more sparks.. Phone not working. No clothes hangers. Mirror so dirty we had to clean to use. Coffee pot had old grounds and large amount of mold on the grounds. Shower door leaked terribly on floor. Breakfast buffet was not up to health standards. Police Department said they had had a lot of complaints.Owner/Manager Mr. Patel not helpful at all and told us we could have left in the middle of the night if we didn't like our room. No compensation given.

Room Tip: Stay away No room is good