“Very mixed reaction”

Ranked #32 of 131 Restaurants in Leesburg
Price range: US$6 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Homosassa, Florida, United States
“Very mixed reaction”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My customer and I decided to meet here for a breakfast meeting. She was 45 minutes late due to car troubles so I stayed inside at the small table and enjoyed a cup of coffee while waiting. My customer gave me advance notice of this cafe's business model making me aware that the meal price is based on whatever you feel is appropriate and is paid as a donation. There is also a tip jar at the counter which makes tipping very easy. Becuase this is a unique business model, I believe it would benefit the owner greatly by greeting the patrons as they come in and explain this to them because it is abviously an issue as noted in previous reviews as well as one other patron during my visit. The owner was too busy chatting it up with another couple to even bother to say hello to me at all. The waitress was nice enough but again, attention to customer's needs we lacking (I had to flag her three times before catching her attention - the whole restaurant really isn't that big). I will admit, I was at this restaurant for an unusally long time because of my customer's car problems. When the owner felt it necessary to let us know our presence was no long wanted, he came to the table (never introduced himself) and said that if we needed to continue our conversation, he would move us to the back room so that other people could relax and enjoy the spirit of the Lord. At no time were there ever more than three tables occied at any one time. It's really such a shame that the owner's rudeness would I choose to never go that that cafe again. Shame because the quiche and fruit salad were awesome.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Shelley B

Leesburg, Florida
“Great Food & Relaxing Environment”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Maui Waui Salad is delicious. The sandwiches are fresh and delicious. I have eaten there several times and everything was delicious. Oh and the best cheesecakes! No electronic devices but that means you get to enjoy each others company and have great conversation. This restaurant is a blessing on Main Street in Leesburg.

• Visited May 2014
Leesburg, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the quiche.”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The owner is so nice. He makes the best quiche. And everyday is different. Recommend to everyone. I wish everyone would go. My husband and I love it. We have only lived here for a year and just found it. Fantastic. If you get his homemade doughnuts you should feel lucky they are awesome.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jackie H
Jackson, Tennessee
“Wow...I mean Wow!!!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

after reading the reviews I can see the validity of most of what has been written prior to this review. Our lunch was amazing...The opportunity to be in an environment such as this was inspiring. No pork products, gotta come back for the cheesecake..

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Jim M
Denver, PA
“Nice Place - Excellent Cheesecake”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We enjoyed a leisure lunch here while visiting family. The meal was good and the Key Lime Cheesecake was the best I ever had!

• Visited February 2014