“Nice Addition to Leesburg”

Ichiban Chinese & Japanese Buffet
Ranked #10 of 136 Restaurants in Leesburg
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very good selection and the food had been consistently fresh. The hot food is hot and they cold is cold. Nice for a change. A lot of sushi options and they do individualized stir fry. The only problem here is that I wanted to try everything and certainly didn't have enough room.

The dining room is nicely done and they staff was very attentive.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place seems to be doing quite well. Parking lot is pretty full most of the time. We enjoyed the food and a couple of dishes in particular were very good. Pretty large food and seating area. New and clean. It will not replace our favorite local Chinese buffet which is much smaller and family owned.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went to Ichiban Chinese and Japanese on Saturday evening. We arrived at about 6pm, and were seated right away. We were just in time...right after we were seated, a lot of people came and they had a line out the door.
Anyway, we sat down, gave our drink orders and went to the buffet. They have a hibachi grill if you want fresh cooked by the chef. I started with the sushi. What a selection! They had one side of the bar that was vegetable rolls only, and then the other side of the bar was fish and shrimp sushi. I think they had some eel on there also. It was all very fresh and tasty. I am not usually a huge sushi fan, but this was good.
I had some egg drop soup; it was typical, but maybe a bit better. It did not have an over abundance of salt like many Chinese restaurants. There were so many selections on the bar. I really enjoyed the butter shrimp and the coconut shrimp, but the frog legs were good also. The only thing on the bar that was not good was the baked salmon...it was quite overcooked-mushy. Other than that everything I tried off the bar was very good. There was a lot that I did not try, but maybe next time!

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I made a complaint about all the children running around and into people in the food area, grabbing food out of bowls with their hands, reaching across hot steamers, licking their fingers while they picked through the deserts and leaning up and into the freezer to scoop out their ice cream...the man I complained to pointed to a waist high sign he said indicating parents are to escort their children to get good and that they tell people with children this when seating them...the sign wasn't clearly visible and it's an out and out lie about telling people with kids cause I have been there on several occasions with children and never was told that. After he informed me of their policy he then walked away....when I got home I called to talk with the manager and he was the rude man is made my complaint to . He began arguing with me so I hung up....He called me back arguing again, said it was a public place and being a buffet he can not go to the parents and let them know about their policy because they can't control their customers and he hoped he wouldn't see me there again. He then hung up. Really....BAD customer service...we will never go there again and I will let everyone I know!

4  Thank Dixie601
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

So much food to choose from. Great variety of food. Get there early as this place is popular and there can be a line. Chinese, HIBACHI, sushi, fish, meats, pizza and nice desserts and ice cream.