“Food is ok...needs a face lift, very dark”
Review of Vic's Embers - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours
leesburg, fl
“Food is ok...needs a face lift, very dark”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Needs some remodeling, its very dark and gloomy inside. The food is OK and a lot is very heavy with sauces and butter.

Visited May 2012

The Villages, Florida
“Outstanding Restaurant in Lake County”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I went with a cousin and his wife and we all had steak with Ceasers SALAD for the table The steaks and sides were excellent and the ceasars salad mwas superb it was made tableside wonderfully the person making the salad did a marvelous job. This was a real treat to have the dressing made tableside with such care. The entire dinner was excellent as was the service and care given by the wait staff.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank biggramp
Newport News, Virginia
“So glad I tried this place!”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I just moved to the area and was bewildered by the fast-food desert that I thought I had landed in. Thank the Lord that trip advisor is here to show me the way!! Since I was alone, I decided to dine at the bar so not to appear to others to be the 'lonely man' eating by him self. The bar tender, Lucy, took excellent care of me and even volunteered to have the kitchen prepare a wonderful clam dish that was not even on the menu! I am a brand new resident of Lake County, and a new fan of Vic's Embers.... Love it!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank karmaguy38
“A great place to celebrate life.”
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner last night and had a great time. The service and food were excellent, and the bill wasn't bad for what we had. I had the filet with hash browns and corn. It came with seafood bisque , but I am allergic to scrimp so I gave it to my father. He had the walleye filets, my wife did also. They were both very happy with the fish, light and flaky. My steak was very tender, despite the fact that I like my steaks medium well. Most places tend to produce tough steaks if it is more than medium. I enjoyed the pepper seasoning, but it may be too much for some people. My wife and I were disappointed that they weren't able to make the bananas foster for dessert, how is it possible that they were out of bananas on a Friday at opening time? This made no sense to me, but it didn't detract from an otherwise perfect experience. I will certainly be back in the future. My wife has informed me that this is now her favorite place, so I expect to return very soon.

Ohio
“Great service and food”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We go to Vic's often and have never had a bad experience. We're on their e-mail and get special offers. They had some really good specials during the summer. Their Sunday brunch is well worth the drive. Their calamari is a little chewy but every other dish is great!

• Visited February 2013