“Sunday Brunch”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 31 October 2013

What a spread of food!!!! Leg of Lamb, Prime Rib, Turkey, Ribs, Shrimp . . . I just go crazy. Vegs are great, cool bar, great service. Folks it does not get much better.

1  Thank johnofsorrento

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This restaurant is what I call an old time charm place. Reminds me of the restaurants I used to go to back in Chicago back in the 60's

We had good food and service and the restaurant had a homey, friendly feeling.

1  Thank itsabari
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I gave this restaurant two points because the wait staff was wonderful. I came for a Sunday brunch. The lighting over the meat was too low and couldn't possibly see it to choose what I would like. The meat carver worried me when I saw him at the bar, looking like he was drinking. The other hot dishes had no identification on the them. If I wanted to know what they were I had to wait for staff to walk by to ask them what it was. The salad bar was VERY limited. I am on a diet, so would have enjoyed building a nice big salad, which I couldn't do with what was available. Iceberg lettuce only. I thought the deserts were very pretty but pretty tasteless. Overall, I wouldn't go back unless was invited by friends to meet there. The wait staff was wonderful!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Growing up in the Midwest I am used to Supper Clubs. Their dark wood and tall booths with photos, pictures, and stuffed animals on the wall take me back to times with Grandma and Grandpa and the family. Good food rounded out the great times. Vic's Embers in Leesburg takes me back to such a place; a Supper Club with great food and good pricing.

We had passed it many times along 441 and always wanted to try. Recently a thank you gift (a little cash) made it possible. Their Sunday Brunch sign catching our attention we looked them up and at $17 (check for current pricing) per person we decided to give it a try. We got even luckier when Vic's was celebrating their anniversary and we got it at their special deal for the weekend, half off the second person!

The general pricing in typical for a steak and seafood house, but their Sunday Brunch is an amazing deal no matter how you slice it. If you're going to try, try it on Sunday and see. The brunch was delicious with plenty to choose from. The prime rib was amazing, turkey, leg of lamb, and all the trimming to round it out. There is a breakfast area in the buffet as well as yummy desserts. The setting is that Supper Club, rich and dark setting, offering warm and homey.

The staff is extremely friendly as are the guests. The lady at the next table went out of her way to tell us our waitress was voted #1 in Lake County.

For a great meal and great pricing try their Sunday Brunch. Then if you like it as much as we did, head back for another meal. We haven't yet, but its on the dining bucket list!

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Sometimes its the little things that count: being astonished the water glass is always full, and a new iced tea magically appears before you even realized it was almost empty. Of course, the food musts match the service, and for our group dinner, with 8 separate checks cheerfully accommodated, everyone was most happy!

Walking into the clubby, dark 'old world' setting set the mood for a pampered evening. Reservations are not taken, yet they did have the tables grouped and ready for us. Though a bit pricey for weekly visits with entrees beginning at $20, I must note they included salad, potato, and vegetable in the price. My first visit, definitely not the last, especially when I see on the website there is a special $13.95 Early Embers from 4:30-6pm. Now we're talking!

I dined on Veal Oscar, something I wouldn't normally fix at home and others at the table chose steaks, liver (yes, she did), and seafood. No one had dessert, but no one took home a doggie bag either. Dinner was enough and filling. I'm used to an automatic gratuity being added to large parties, but nope, the tip was an individual choice.

I'll be back.