“Nasty management, mediocre food”

The Nauti Dawg Marina Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2017

The food is consistently mediocre and the management is downright unpleasant. There's a good view, but you can't eat the view. While the waitstaff is lovely, the rudeness of the management has taken this place off my list for good. You're better off eating home!

6  Thank Richard H
christian s, Owner at The Nauti Dawg Marina Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Hello Richard,
You were asked to leave after you brought a dog into the restaurant with the health inspector on premis. You said the dog was a service dog. Service dogs don't lash out and try to bite people. I believe your dog may be a support dog but they are not recognized by the ADA or health department as being allowed inside a dining establishment. Boils down to the fact your dog tried to bite me. Isn't that the real reason for your review?

Reviewed 16 August 2017

My husband and I came here for breakfast on a Thursday, I believe, and then for brunch on Friday. We took our two kiddos with us. Rachel was our server both times and she was amazing! Seriously, she made us feel so at home and explained the entrees and drinks well. You cannot beat the view, so sit outside if at all possible! The corned beef hash is great, but the salmon benny is to die for! Great mimosas as well, and the bloody mary with yeung ling (spelling) is phenomenal. I wish I could visit Pompano Beach again just to come here!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Lovely little place right on the dock. Food is very good and good wine selection [note: no cocktails].
Ideal for a lazy weekend breakfast, and lunch or dinner. Very dog-friendly.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Up for a casual seafood dinner and wine outside on a Saturday evening, we tried this restaurant in place of our usual favorite. Located on the Intracoastal in a quiet upscale neighborhood with free public parking within a half block, we chose to eat under the full moon alongside the boats in the marina. Service was friendly and reasonably quick for a crowded evening. Dinner is served until 9 pm, but you can linger another hour..
Casual just short of upscale, wine and beer are available at the bar to take outside and sit on cushioned benches facing the marina until a table is ready. The bartender, Allan, suggested trying the house wine, Botha, which we did not know was a box wine. Not bad actually. After Happy Hour, the second glass is half cost. There is a reasonable wine list but an uninspired selection of bottles of beer.

We had the special salad, romaine and endive with fried goat cheese, fish tacos (mahi) and very tasty sides, including an upscale version of "MickyD's french fries and a red pinto bean side that my wife liked immensely. Next time we will try the various special fish entrees for the evening.
Our server was gregarious and most helpful. We will return for a business lunch or dinner with a crowd of friends. We rate the service, food and value very good.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely location, good service. I had two fish tacos which were very fresh but I think they needed a little bit more flavor seasoning excetera. I would return