Spent one night of a two night stay on this island and cannot remember a worse experience. From the moment we arrived at the resort we were bitten to death by the mosquito infestation that, according to the staff, is a regular occurence.
We were then shown to our 'Suites', in reality wooden huts that hadn't been touched since opening some twenty years ago and which benefitted from a jet engine air conditioing unit three feet from the bed. This left you the choice of no sleep or being eaten alive by the bugs.
We then sampled their beach which doesn't exist and also discovered that there was no where to swim that didn't have you swallowing tonnes of seaweed.
Finally that night we ate dinner having drinks and mosquito bites for appetisers followed by a two course, $100 a head, average meal.
The next day I asked to see the manager as he had not been there the night before and was greeted by the singularly rudest, most impertinent man I have ever met. I explained to him the situation and added that my girlfriend was diabetic and thus far more susceptible to bug bites.
His response was 'tough', I had prepaid and if I wanted to leave I would have to pay the full rate. I was astonished and after much haggling he relented to a 50% discount.
In all that one night cost me $2400 and having had such a wonderful experience at the Tides hotel in South Beach i would implore anyone considering this as a destination to seriously reconsider before you ruin your holiday.
I have never written a review before but my disappointment with the resort and disgust at our treatment by the management left me no choice but to try to warn off anyone in their right mind from this bombsite of a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Little Palm Island has been the escape of choice for presidents, high profile celebrities and savvy travelers alike. The magic of this island is its exclusive location where a captivating view exists in every direction. All Bungalow Suite are housed in thatched roof bungalows, with custom-made beds so plush some guests never want to leave; outdoor showers and all the requisite luxe amenities. There are no telephones or televisions, or guests under the age of 16 - the only distractions are the outdoors and each other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, A Noble House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Palm Island Hotel Little Torch Key
- Little Palm Island Resort And Spa
- Little Palm Island Fl
- Hotel Little Palm Island
- Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, A Noble House Resort Little Torch Key, Florida - Florida Keys