“Very good relative to choices in the area”
Review of Ken's Bar-B-Que

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ken's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #26 of 52 Restaurants in Live Oak
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: It has been in business for decades, so you can find it listed in many places. It is owned by the same people as the Lake City store with the same name.
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We go to Live Oak once a year for a bicycle tour. The roads in the area are great to ride, but there sure aren't many good meal choices when the ride's over. We had very good service for our party of 8 even though one of our group sent his plate back twice and another got dark meat instead of white. I had a chicken & rib special that was less than $9, very economical, so I wasn't expecting haute cuisine or anything. I could have been served a warmer and the ribs were very mediocre, but the chicken wasn't bad at all. Our waitress was very polite and returned for drink refills often.Until someone opens a good restaurant in the area we'll go back.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Uh, LOVE! So good! Homemade bbq at a convenience. cant beat the prices. Service is always slow but I still enjoy it

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I grew up in Live Oak and haven't been to Ken's in a while. What happened?? When we arrived it looked and even smelled like I had always remembered it. We were promptly seated and our tea arrived shortly after that. We ordered and I was in hog heaven. Then the food came out. BBQ pork was cold for me and my wife, fries were crispy to say the least. We sent the pork back twice and it never did come back hot. We finally gave up, ate what we had because we were starving, paid and left. I sure hate to see such a once great place go south like it seems to have gone. I doubt we go back anytime soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Love me some "Ken's".. great food and great prices.

We rarely eat in the restaurant - we almost always get a to go order and buy the meat and sides in 'bulk.' The smoked pork and beef can be bought buy the pound and it goes very far! You can feed an army on a relatively small amount.

The sides are also great - with the cole slaw being one of the best around.

I also like the fact that it is not a big chain - but, rather is locally owned with just a few locations. We'll keep coming back when were in town visiting relatives for sure!

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Located in the town shopping centre this restaurant seemed to be a favourite with the locals which is always a good sign, we had a good meal and the service was excellant with what I would call home cooking with large portions.