“Not Impressed”

Pepe's
Ranked #14 of 50 Restaurants in Live Oak
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Stopped in for Sunday lunch last week... Have had better food and better service here before. The prices have increased since my last visit as well. Food was good but not great, service is always so slow... I doubt I will be going back.

1  Thank TRKJKY

Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

This little place is in the back of a small complex that clearly serves as a hub for the local migrant community. You may find being a minority among the patrons intimidating, but we embrace it, and find a terrific value every trip. We go weekly, and have never been disappointed. Don't miss the meat counter in the grocery.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

Today was our 6th visit to the wonderful eatery. Don't expect anything but a spartan atmosphere, but then you didn't go in to judge the decor, Booths and tables, and all the food is homemade daily in the kitchen. All employees are Mexican and the food benefits. A full menu for all 3 meals with some unique Mexican dishes. Both the free AUCE chips and salsa are homemade daily and the taste proves it. I have yet to be able to finish a meal, so plan on a doggy bag or be ready to feel stuffed to the gills. And where else can you have lunch for under 4 bucks? Fourteen motorcyclists ate lunch today after a Patriot Guard funeral, and believe me bikers are fussy. I took everyone there and it was my second visit this week. Everyone raved about the best bang for buck too, and all praised the cuisine authenticity. Don't judge a book by its cover and don't judge Pepe's by the building or location. You luv Mexican?..Eat at Pepe's