Econo Lodge
US$70
Guest Inn(Lake City)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsroom was cleanother hotelsmicrowavefurnishingsac
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2011

The lobby smells like an ashtray. Upon checking in to our two rooms, one of the "non-smoking" rooms smelled so horrible that my fiance and I decided we couldn't stay in the room. Instead of offering different rooms, the manager yelled at me "It is a non-smoking room! It doesn't smell like smoke!!" At that point, we decided we WOULDN'T stay at a hotel that treated us like that. They refused to refund our money for the two rooms. I know it was a "bargain hotel" and didn't have high expectations, but you don't yell at customers. I was not yelling at them. The lack of customer service was appalling. Pay the extra $20 and stay at the Holiday Inn Express across the street. Thankfully, I put the room on my American Express...DISPUTE!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
20  Thank Really30047
Reviewed 23 November 2011

My mother and I started an 11 day road trip toward Biloxi and just needed to stop midway for a hotel. We booked at this hotel. The front staff were extremely friendly and accomodating. The security guard was quick to help us get our bags to our room on the second floor. The room was nice and clean. The free breakfast was modest but very good.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Emily B
Reviewed 26 September 2011

When we looked at the reviews it looked like this place was better than the average Econo Lodge so we decided to give them a call. The girl on the front desk answered the phone and immediately asked if she could call me back because she had a 'customer'... She called back in about 30 minutes and I asked her about the rooms and rates. At first she said she had a king - non-smoking but then, after talking to someone (I presume it was the manager), she said there were none available and we settled on two double beds. When she asked for my address and contact info I asked if I could just give her my Choice Privileges number but she said no - she needed everything. I had to repeat every single sentence at least twice because she couldn't understand me... may have been a bad cell connection because we were on the road traveling at the time she called back. She asked for a credit card to guarantee the room and I started giving her the number. She started repeating the number for the first two sets of digits until someone (I presume it was the manager) told her not to repeat it - I guess there were others in the office with her... after hearing her repeat the numbers I was giving her I would not have gone to the 3rd set without telling her not to do so myself.
When we arrived we checked the room out and it looked okay so we unloaded the car and headed off to see the local state park. When we got back it was late so we took showers which caused the bathroom to flood - not because the curtain was not pulled but because there were huge holes near the faucets which water flowed into and drained right onto the floor via a crack by the tub and tile. We used our towels to sop up the water and then decided to see what was on HBO. The printed channel list showed HBO was on channel 2 but the TV would not go to channel 2 - even if you tried to select it by number... so I called the front desk and found it had been moved to channel 722! When we tried watching it the picture was constantly freezing and pixelating so we had to watch another channel. We went to bed and the bed squeaked and rocked every time one of us moved. We like to snuggle so sleeping on different beds was not an option although we came close to doing just that. At 3am the people upstairs decided to take showers - noisiest shower we've ever heard! It squealed and shrieked so loud that I don't know how anyone could have slept through that...
In the morning we turned on the TV to watch the news and I decided to make some coffee. The coffee maker was unplugged (as it usually is in most hotels) so I looked for a place to plug it in. The only problem there was the TV and Comcast box took up both outlets on the wall where the coffee makes was and I had to unplug the TV so I could make coffee!!!
Then came the BIG surprise! While we were watching TV we started noticing German Roaches on the nightstand IN BROAD DAYLIGHT!!! My wife HATES them and is deadly afraid of them and didn't want to take a chance on giving them a free trip back to our house so we packed up our bags and checked out. I hope we didn't get any stow-aways because those are really hard to get rid of. That will be our LAST stay at an Econo Lodge!!!

Room Tip: Don't believe everything you read in the reviews.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Mike G
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at the Econo Lodge in Live Oak while attending a concert at Swanuee Music Camp. Lots of places to eat in the area, a Wal mart across the street and just a few blocks from I-10. Great place to stay if you are doing a kayak or canoe trip too. Room was neat clean and well maintained. Staff was friendly. Rate was very reasonable. Highly Recommended

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Wayne G
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed here for the Pow Wow music festival in August and didn't want to camp due to heat and rain. There are few hotels and none that great. We went with the cheapest and can't complain. It was full but the staff were great. They left the pool open for us all night and never had any issues. The hotel is old and nothing special. For $70 a night on a festival weekend it was worth it though. Free breakfast, close to all restaurants. Walmart across the street. Music park is 3 miles away. If I go back I'll stay here again. Other hotels (still crappy) charged three times as much.

• Stayed: August 2011